[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neverhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: neverhood-5.jpg (15KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
neverhood-5.jpg
15KB, 320x237px
>Terry Scott Taylor
>Goes from folk, to rock, to jazz, to screamo and back almost instantly
>Terry babbles like an insane patient in half the songs
>Song with him literally coughing as its lyrics
>Instruments are wide and varied
>Songs seldom go over 2 minutes if you're lucky
>Songs make little to no sense out of context of the game
>Entire soundtrack feels like a bad trip.

>Still one of the best OST's I've ever heard, how the actual fuck is such stupid shit so damn catchy and memorable?
>>
>>74318916
>Songs make little to no sense out of context of the game
How?
OST fit the game perfectly
>>
The Trout Mask Replica of vydia OSTs. Really brilliant. Also don't forget to play skullmonkeys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On_p0JLNIN0
>>
At times, I've tried listening to other music of his to see if it's similar at all, and so far none of it is aside from the extra music he's done for other Neverhood media, like Armikrog.

He was part of one of (what is supposed to be) the best Christian rock bands, but they suck.
>>
>>74318916
the music for armikrog was disappointing

everything about that game was disappointing tbqh
>>
>>74319200
Armikrog had problems, and it was like a full grade or two below Neverhood to be sure, but it was decent artistically.
>>
>>74319079
I mean if you listen to the songs without ever knowing where they came from you'd think a coked out musician made them on a whim.

But you're right it does fit the game very well.
>>
I want to like the Neverhood game, but it's in such shitty resolution and the animation on anything other than the claymation cutscenes is a bit shit
Desperately needs a remaster if the raw animation footage still exists
>>
>>74319742
Probably not, the game was remastered for Iphone, cut-scene's resolution there is still awful.
>>
>>74319079
>OST fit the game perfectly
that has nothing to do with the comment that "Songs make little to no sense out of context of the game"
The songs can make little to no sense out of context and yet fit the game perfectly.
>>
All I've heard is Dum Da Doi Doi and that's in my bottom 5 tracks ever because of how fucking irritating it is.
>>
>>74320628
Southern Front Porch Whistler is one of my favorites, mainly because of how oddly well the clarinet fits, very chill and rhythmic
>>
>>74319115
wow this made me nostalgic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQRFeozLOg&list=PLozLutNExUL4t4OG66u_qWUicCF7CXavm&index=19
>>
>>74320869
First time I heard the soundtrack I heard olly oxen free on a smash bros 4 video,

It was a bad idea to listen to it when I was so tired, I had really fucked dreams about if the soundtrack even existed or not.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.