[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get into Elton John?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: elton-john.jpg (174KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
elton-john.jpg
174KB, 1400x700px
how do I get into Elton John?
>>
>>74318712
step 1 be a twink
step 2 show up at his house with a condom
step 3 ???
step 4 enjoy sloppy old man hole
>>
>>74318712
Listen to a Greatest Hits record. It's shitty, I know, you want the full cohesion of a standalone album. I get it. I feel your pain.

But Elton John's absolute best tracks are spread across so many albums, you might as well just sample the best shit before you indulge yourself in the mostly-good-but-not-great releases.
>>
>>74318712
Listen to an album or two of his, there's so many catchy melodies you're bound to like at least like one of them
>>
Ditch that faggot and listen to this faggot instead.
>>
>>74318712
Listen to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I know its shitty, but this album is his best and if you enjoy it enough you'll listen to others. Some more pop, others more southern influenced and word driven. Elton is as much to credit as Bernie Taupin
>>
rid yourself of teenage angst
>>
Go to a lakers game and listen for when they bring up the ball slowly
>>
>>74318785
This. He has some amazing hits but there's no real standout album.

If you do want to listen to albums I'd go with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or Madman Across the Water

Elton is a legend and only uptight hipsters and contrarians are incapable of enjoying him so let go and enjoy.
>>
Eh, there's no good way to get into him. Too Low for Zero, Tumbleweed Connection, and Honky Chateau are his best albums, so start there, but none are definitive. Neither are his Greatest Hits, which tend to be his fluffier songs.

Pretty much everything he did from the beginning through Blue Moves has something worth hearing, but nearly all of them will also disappoint you in some way. For example, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has a real fucking turkey like Jamaica Jerk-Off for every Candle in the Wind. But beyond those and Too Low for Zero, Breaking Hearts is a decent album, listener beware beyond that.
>>
File: folder.jpg (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
156KB, 600x600px
Listen to this, then listen to Greatest Hits II.

If you like what you're hearing, go through his 70s albums.
>>
>>74318712
Listen to Billy Joel
>>
>>74318818
is that Gerard way?
>>
>>74318712
Is it really that difficult? He makes pop music.
>>
>>74318712
If you don't like Elton John at all, then maybe you should just stick to whatever your main genre is.

He is one of the easiest artists to like.
>>
openly be a grimesfag
>>
>>74319440
yeah, but it's 20% gems and 80% duds, they're not easy to differentiate
>>
>>74319026
Jamaica Jerk-Off is great nigga
>>
>>74320091
I'm not black you absolute retard, and I very much doubt you are.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.