[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Lana album is bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

ever since she started collaborating with mainstream pop artistes like the weeknd she became mainstream and she lost her original stye that made her into what she is now, whats your opinion?
>>
>>74314214
I think her stuff with the weekend feels forced. The carti and rocky track was good
>>
>>74314281
the only colab she should do is with Dan Auerbach, he helped produce Ultraviolence, nd that was a great album!
>>
>>74314214
Her persona has always been inauthentic, what did you expect?
>>
>>74314385
what makes you say that?
>>
File: gallery-1494344856-lana-trees.jpg (223KB, 980x1307px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1494344856-lana-trees.jpg
223KB, 980x1307px
>>74314214
>made her into what she is now
so literally perfection? because she keeps getting better and better
>>
>>74314583
not the last album, Honeymoon was great, but lust for life is pretty bad.
>>
>>74314635
yea.. can't take you serious sorry
>>
>>74314281
Agreed. I think Summer Bummer was pretty good, Groupie Love was alright as well. But holy fuck was Coachella -Woodstock on my Mind a terrible song. I have no idea why she put that one on the album.

Get Free is also pretty good.
>>
The majority of the album isn't memorable but I really like love
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ReJi0bXCs

why is she so fucking retarded? it's hard to listen to her speak
>>
>>74314635
b-but fantano liked it
>>
>>74314670
summer bummer, groupie love, Coachella are all terrible.
>>
>>74314281
that song is terrible. the rappers yelping "what what what yup yup yup" in the background ruins it.
>>
>>74314760
true!
>>
>>74314760
she should stop colabbing with niggers desu
>>
>>74314214
Copying this from the other Lana thread I posted in:

t's okayish but only because there's five tracks of shit in the middle. Album should be:

1. Love
2. Lust for Life
3. 13 Beaches
4. Cherry
5. God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women in It
6. When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing
7. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
8. Tomorrow Never Came
9. Heroin
10. Change
11. Get Free

With those changes the album is a 7.5/10 maybe even 8/10 on a good day. I love those 11 tracks a whole lot and I think this album was close to being one of her best outings.

But unfortunately those five tracks really kill the album for me. They're such shit.

Still, plenty of good music on this record and I love the direction she's been moving in. Still an interesting artist. Plus, "Honeymoon" is a hard record for her to top I think.
>>
>>74314798
i gotta agree, thats the same exact edit i made
>>
>>74314788
you're on point.
>>
>>74314788
check'd and kek'd
>>
>>74314385
>Persona
>inauthentic

It's almost as if that's what a persona is.
>>
An album called Lust For Life should sound a lot happier than it does.
I think she messed up by changing the tracks around last minute, including Coachella and removing Yosemite, Roses Bloom For You, and Best American Record.
>>
>>74314798
I can agree to that, yeah. Take out those tracks, and take out some unneeded production on songs like Cherry (the vocal samples in the back), and you have a pretty great release.
>>
>>74314798
i seriously thought i was listening to a different album when god bless america came on. Jesus christ the mid-section of this album is awful
>>
>>74314890

I weirdly like the vocals in the back of "Cherry". I get why others don't but it adds a weird playfulness to the track I really enjoy.
>>
>>74314385
>Her persona has always been inauthentic,
>Her persona
>Her persona

/mu/ why are you so dumb?
>>
>>74314910
It's hideous. It feels like producers or her label strong armed her into including those songs. They're just fucking bad. I don't want to give her too much credit though, it could have been her choice. Either way, it really holds back the album.
>>
>>74314951
>It feels like producers or her label strong armed her into including those songs.

Hasn't that always been the case?
>>
>>74314758
idk I think that at least Summer Bummer is fun. Sure it's mindless and dumb but it's something to put on and listen to mindlessly. I could do without the other two though.
>>
Tracks 10 through 16 are utterly flawless.
>>
>>74314798
What's up, racist
>>
>>74314981
No. She won out on "Ultraviolence" (though not easily) and "Honeymoon".

They won on "Born to Die" which is why she's constantly trying to leave that sound in favor of new styles.
>>
>>74314996
I don't know, i find the production so unbelievably shit I can't get into it.
>>
File: 1465498526536.png (1023KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
1465498526536.png
1023KB, 800x481px
>>74315056
>"Ultraviolence"

legitimately good album and im not even a big fan
>>
>>74315096
It's her most unique. Weirdly its the one Lana fans tend to hate because its the least like "Born to Die" (which I think is her worst album).
>>
>>74315113
lust for life is the worst in my opinion
>>
>>74315159
That's fair. I think I'm choosing to ignore the five tracks I hate because the 11 on it I like, I really really like.
>>
>>74315194
same
>>
>>74315159
I like her other releases, but I was really disappointed with this one. Some of the tracks are good, but overall it was a pretty big let down.
>>
>>74315194
Who the fuck releases a 17 track album, that's begging for trouble unless you really, really, know what you're doing.

Keep it to 11 or 12 and usually you're gold.
>>
Her track Lust for Life is terrible, but the Stargirl collab she did on the Weeknd's record is 10/10. I hate that it's only like a minute and a half long.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.