[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post some of your favorite albums others might not have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: 275439.jpg (14KB, 320x291px) Image search: [Google]
275439.jpg
14KB, 320x291px
I felt this thread might give some incentive for people to check out new music. yall can browse the thread and cherry pick the stuff that sounds interesting to you. I'll start:

The Body—All the Waters of the Earth Turn To Blood

The Body is one of the select few metal bands that are legitimately frightening. They don't shovel pseudo-edgy, pretentious bullshit. They don't bank on lo-fi or similar gimmicks to create an atmosphere. If you listen to this record on your best stereo or set of headphones with the volume cranked as loud as possible, it can be a sincerely discomforting experience. The Body makes doom metal; it's very stripped back, skeletal, formulaic doom metal, but as a holistic experience there's something unreal about this record. It's interesting how simple their music is, but how there really isn't a band out there that sounds just like them.

It's also emotional music. The Body's approach to doom is so overwhelming and filled to the brim with desperation it's hard not to be stricken by intense depression for some of the songs, especially the first track. At worst, the record can be a little obnoxiously repetitive and even boring if you're not 100% connected with the music, but at best it's a mental and physically exhaustive experience that every fan of experimental or intense music should try out.
>>
File: Song of Innocence.jpg (199KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
Song of Innocence.jpg
199KB, 440x440px
It's Psychedelic orchestral jazz rock from the 60's that hasn't aged a day.
>>
File: poke_jeff_square.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
poke_jeff_square.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>74313721
>The Body is one of the select few metal bands that are legitimately frightening. They don't shovel pseudo-edgy, pretentious bullshit. They don't bank on lo-fi or similar gimmicks to create an atmosphere. If you listen to this record on your best stereo or set of headphones with the volume cranked as loud as possible, it can be a sincerely discomforting experience. The Body makes doom metal; it's very stripped back, skeletal, formulaic doom metal, but as a holistic experience there's something unreal about this record. It's interesting how simple their music is, but how there really isn't a band out there that sounds just like them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (324KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
324KB, 2400x2400px
Roki Vulovic- Panteri
>>
File: IMG_9275.jpg (99KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9275.jpg
99KB, 700x700px
This band's from where I live and they had a decent following a few years ago. I'm pretty sure they aren't together anymore but it's some good emo/post-punk stuff that's heavy on different guitar melodies.

Their June EP is also really decent. It's a lot softer and warm but just as dreary as most of their releases.

Their Care Less EP is worth checking out too as it seems like a mix of the two previous records. The sound on all of them are kind of lo-if but it's welcoming.
>>
>>74313802
i thought my little mini-review was kinda cool and now that you've greentexted it i regret writing it

i feel bad, you win
>>
>>74313837
i'm giving their june ep a shot it sounds nice.
>>
>>74313846
I thought it was a good enough writeup to check out the album
>>
File: 155.jpg (35KB, 437x275px) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
35KB, 437x275px
bump
>>
>>74313846

don't feel bad anon, although you went a bit overboard The Body is indeed proper feel-bad Doom Metal, without the stoner bullshit. They're bleak, heavy as as hell, and fuckng awesome.
>>
File: a0684416109_10.jpg (210KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
a0684416109_10.jpg
210KB, 800x800px
Dont think anyone's heard of any songs besides Rivers, but the style of this is so unique yet not offputting at all, its one of my favorite genres out there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.