[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What.CD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: whatcd_banner1.png (61KB, 499x178px) Image search: [Google]
whatcd_banner1.png
61KB, 499x178px
I'm interested in joining a private tracker exclusively for music in a lossless format I can't find on Soulseek, but I have barely touched anything related to torrents yet, so bear with me.

I'm currently thinking about renting atleast seedbox and I essentially have no idea where to start.
Are there any significant differences between seedboxes apart from available storage and bandwith? Is any seedbox fit to provide as a base for my following intentions, i.e. seeding copyrighted content to my hearts desire? Does a simple seedbox suffice or am I going to need a VPN too for the sake of additional layer of security?

After looking for replacements of What.CD I have stumbled up the following: NotWhat.cd, Redacted, Apollo. As far as I'm concerned the only way to join one of these trackers is via an invitation. So, how does one acquire one? Is there any way to aquire an invitation without knowing anyone who is already part of such a platform?

As I have said I have zero to none experience with the process of torrenting and everything related to it, just enough knowledge to understand the underlying basics. Any help or bit of information is highly appreciated. Thank you.

TL;DR Is any seedbox going to suffice for this endeavour? How does one aquire an invitation to said file sharing platforms? Is this to /g/ for being posted on /mu/?
>>
you don't need a seedbox. that's mostly just for ratio hoarders. i've been using private torrent sites since oink and the only seedbox i have ever used is my own dedicated torrent server that i built. you don't really need that either. just seed 24/7 on your desktop. i've also never used a VPN, and have never received any dmca letters in 10 years.

you probably don't know anyone on those sites so the only way you'll be able to get on them is by taking an interview. redacted is the only one of those that has an interview system right now.

https://interviewfor.red/en/index.html

the trick to surviving on these sites is to just not download a ton of stuff like a moron. wait for freeleeches and abuse the shit out of them and just seed them forever.
>>
Upload really bad, but long, black-metal/noise records you source from Bandcamp. You get like three formats and upload hour-long tracks to these trackers and you are guaranteed at least 1 download of each, sometimes netting you something like .5GB up for just FLAC. This can help you create an easy buffer for you to relax with, and download casually as you please.

P.S. Invite me to RED.
>>
I hoard CDs and uploading those has gotten me a good buffer on RED. I use a seedbox because it's convenient and I don't want to torrent over college wifi, even with a VPN. RED's request system is really nice, I've gotten like 7.5 GB by filling requests and flipped some of it to put bounties on rare stuff I don't have. Interview process was a pain but it was definitely worth it.
>>
I'm part of the biggest weeb music torrent site on earth so I just cross upload flac and v0 stuff to what and now apollo

p.s. invite me to RED please.
>>
>>74305736
>>74307331
check ur DMs :^)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.