[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Humanz.jpg (344KB, 720x720px)
Humanz.jpg
344KB, 720x720px
What went wrong?
>>
damon didn't use his own talent correctly, the experimental stuff is boring, the lyrics are awful, and they released too many teaser songs, so nothing was an enjoyable surprise
>>
It feel like a compilation of niggers of the months, rather than a Gorillaz album.
Granted that their previous works had features, but they didn't made up 80% of the album.
>>
Damon is losing his touch. His last albums are boring compared to his top-tier 00's releases.
>>
File: The Cromp.png (2MB, 1717x754px) Image search: [Google]
The Cromp.png
2MB, 1717x754px
YOU KNOW IT'S NICK CROMPTON
>>
>>74303707
where is he from? I forgot
>>
>>74303620
It was never right in the first place.

Gorillaz are overrated trash.
>>
Too many features, features in wrong places, changing too many tracks far along into the process, no album flow, the songs that throwback to the 00s are cliche and the ones that try to be modern do so badly.

But yeah, also they released to much material ahead of time and Damon dropped the ball on the arrangements.

Charger, Saturnz Barz, and Ascension are still bangers though. Momentz has also grown on me a little bit.
>>
>>74303797
I thought it was the city of Engeland, i could be wrong though but he's defenitly not from Compton.
>>
>>74303833
t. as you were LGx
>>
>>74303620
Really can't tell... The singles are way too pop, but the bad popular kind. Just listening to Andromeda made me wonder a lot about it.
The rap-groove rock-dub-step didn't work out this time, probably cause the formula is losing charm. After an album like The Fall I think it was a mistake go back to full nigga style.
>>
>>74303620
Its a glorified compilation album with the Gorillaz title slapped onto it.
>>
>>74303620
I liked it
>>
>>74303620
We've discussed this to death.
What you meant to ask is:
What went right??
I personally think We Got The Power may very well be their best song.
>>
>>74303620
Also it was their TLOP.
>>
>>74303620
It's been a while maybe they were just rusty
>>
>>74303840
This
>>
>>74305886
Nah ticker tape takes that spot
>>
>>74303620
maybe it was the pressure to make a new Gorillaz album. Damon knew that everyone was wanting one and I think that sort of just led to forced creativity which in turn sounded stinko. Also, there were way too many rappers and not near enough of damon's distinct melody composing talent. In Saturnz Barz the "I'm in the stakin bar I got debts, i'm a debaser" part is amazing, but its literally 10 seconds of the song. Same with the "something I'm about to fear is about to change its form, yeah yeah yea its a shift in time but I wont get tired at all" in Let Me Out. it just needed more of the sweet characteristic damon melodies and the album would have been way better.
>>
>>74303620
I, personally love the album. At first I thought it was only pretty good, but relistens really stepped it up for me. Ticker tape and andromeda may be some of my favorite gorillaz songs of all time.
>>
File: cvbncfxzdsZ.jpg (22KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cvbncfxzdsZ.jpg
22KB, 1000x1000px
actually the more i think about the more 'not bad'
tracks start to show
>>
>>74303620
>What went wrong?
Old popular artists releasing new material is bad most of the time.
>>
the music is shit
too overhyped
>>
File: pepe udder.jpg (44KB, 654x639px) Image search: [Google]
pepe udder.jpg
44KB, 654x639px
>>74303620
>meme cartoon "band"
what ever went right?
>>
>>74303620
They started making music.
>>
>>74306060
No, the features make for some of the best parts on TLOP
>>
>>74303620
Maybe Gorillaz was never good?
>>
Personally, it just didn't feel like a Gorillaz album considering that Damon is barely present on the album. It's very messy and his previous albums were much more experimental, but executed well. Hopefully the Super-Deluxe album of it will offer actual good tracks and the alternate takes of tracks are actually better.

Charger, Ticker Tape, Busted & Blue, Andromeda & She's My Collar were great tracks with a good presence of Damon/2D. I think only Submission & Halfway to The Halfway House were the only good tracks without him, however they had no place really. I loved Hallejuah Money, it was sweet.

I wish there was more orchestral & typical band instruments that have worked well with before. There was way too much electronic mess.
>>
File: 1496102383388.jpg (88KB, 898x889px) Image search: [Google]
1496102383388.jpg
88KB, 898x889px
>>
>>74308598
>ignoring saturn barz
>>
>>74308626
nigga delete this
>>
Charger is good, the rest ranges from "mediocre, but good ideas" to "this is awful". "Carnival" is probably the worst song of this millennium so far (of course not counting shit like BROKENCYDE or Blood On The Dance Floor)
>>
>>74308671
oh yeah, I liked that too, it's just I forgot the name
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.