[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you all like the new Primus single?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Primus - The Desaturating Seven.jpg (122KB, 620x618px) Image search: [Google]
Primus - The Desaturating Seven.jpg
122KB, 620x618px
So how do you all like the new Primus single?
>>
great artwork
>>
>>74301517
It really tied the room together
>>
>>74301495
It sucks
>>
It's impressive how little they've managed to progress.
>>
>>74301495
Main riff/verse is ok, feels kinda like something they would have done on Frizzle Fry maybe. The 7/4 parts are great though and pretty reminiscent of 80s King Crimson especially the ending instrumental song. LaLonde is doing his best Robert Fripp impersonation and I fucking love it.
>>
>>74301929
>pretty reminiscent of 80s King Crimson
I thought this exact same thing myself.
>>
>>74301495
I like it. I just hope it isn't the best on the album
>>
>>74302186
>I just hope it isn't the best on the album

Look like there's gonna be two 7+ minute tracks and one track over 11 minutes so I would imagine they would be the highlights of the album. Only issue I have is that it's 7 tracks and not even 35 minutes long. Almost like an EP length.
>>
pretty rad, felt like it should have been longer tbf
>>
>>74301709
The guitar work in this song is unlike any other Primus song. Not to mention it's a complete departure from their last 2 releases or really anything they've done since Tim Alexander was last in the band.
>>
>>74302362
>felt like it should have been longer

This. They could have done a lot more with it. But at least it leaves me wanting more rather than underwhelming me. But that ending instrumental section could have been twice as long and gone into something else and I would have been more than ok with that.
>>
>>74302347
Yea but they could also be 7-11 minutes of garbage, which would be worse than the alternative
>>
Does Primus have instrumental versions of their albums?
>>
RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
GREEN
BLUE
INDIGO
VIOLET
>>
The production is dope, it has that 70s style sheen to it

Interesting that they did that as Primus albums have always sounded really murky
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (53KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
53KB, 685x567px
I just realized they used 7/4 time sig because the song is about the seven
>>
>>74303417
THESE ARE THE COLORS OF THE SEVEN
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (299KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
299KB, 1500x1500px
This album is not bad yet I never want to listen to it
>>
>>74305195
desu this is how i feel about most primus albums
>>
p good
>>
Saw Primus live and they played this. I loved it.

Les Claypool insulted my mom's vagina. I love him.
>>
>>74305195
It's great for a comeback album and IMO has several standouts that can stand alongside past Primus classics with no issue. My only problem is that Les sings in that low deep voice for too much of the album and it comes off sounding closer to one of his solo albums at times. That's why I'm really happy to hear his vocals sounding higher pitched and vibrant sounding like on their older albums in the new song.
>>
File: Primus-Frizzle_Fry.jpg (27KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
Primus-Frizzle_Fry.jpg
27KB, 297x300px
So can we all agree Frizzle Fry is their best album?
>>
Where sould i start with primus? what to skip? what should i expect?
>>
File: theseven.png (153KB, 235x256px) Image search: [Google]
theseven.png
153KB, 235x256px
>>74309936
Start with Fizzle Fry and then Pork Soda
>>
>>74301495
What's the album cover based off of, the last supper?
>>
>>74310307
It's from the book The Rainbow Goblins, But you're probably correct about the picture being based on the Last Supper.
>>
>>74301495
it's pretty good
>>
I like it. The king crimson vibe is awesome too
>>
>>74309936
Start with either Pork Soda or Frizzle Fry then move on as you like. You should expect The Residents but they slappa da bass and have a vocalist who sounds like a redneck
>>
>>74301495
saw them live last saturday and they played this it was awesome
>>
i think its alright. still think their older stuff is better
>>
>>74309869
spaghetti western is their best song
>>
File: 1458161830761.jpg (50KB, 671x511px) Image search: [Google]
1458161830761.jpg
50KB, 671x511px
>>74315903
close, but try again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9sdEecbU8
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.