[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this disappoint so much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (635KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
635KB, 600x600px
Why did this disappoint so much
>>
The lead single sounded like electro swing and poisoned the well for people ever planning to take this album seriously.
>>
it's not as intricately composed to form sample artwork like their first. It sounds so hip hop and loops one sample for like 2 minutes, fuck that album.
>>
Has features
>>
all the best songs on the first half are like the title track from Since I Left You done over and over again which would be fine because that's one of their best tracks but it seems like they realized this and then did this weird crackly dry mix where the loops are super obvious just to make it different and it seems like they decided this as an after thought, then when it finally gets "loose" and less structured like a dj mix, and it eventually does, all of those tracks are this "folktronica" shit and it's pretty good as far as folktronia goes but this style has always left a bad taste in my mouth. Also the only hip-hop track with rapping that really fits into the album is Live a Lifetime Love, the others are weird one offs that don't fit into the flow of the album at all

It's still pretty good, 3.5/5 for me
>>
Guest features took the place of interesting use of samples. And while Frankie Sinatra has warmed up to me a little bit over time, it was a terrible idea to release it as the first single.
>>
it didn't
>>
it didn't, best album of 2016 and one of the best of the decade
>>
A. Samples across all of the songs didn't coherently come together to form a good narrative. Copyright only holds a portion of the blame here.
B. Sound essentially was just the Australian music scene (Psych rock, electro-swing) in a shaken bottle.
C. Features were average at best and DESU enhanced problem A. even further.
>>
Sounds dated because all the tracks were written years ago. This album would have killed around 2011 when the electro swing and indie-folk-pop wouldn't have seemed too out of place, and the album would have made more sense in the progression of music history.
>>
its a great album but like said >>74296726

its sound is dated especially with it coming out in 2016.

Still def top 5 in 2016 for me though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.