[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Old Noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hi guys,

I run a music blog:
oldnoise.wordpress.com

>"Why should I care?"
I try to respond to reader input/requests, and I've been published professionally, so I consider myself a cut above the thousands of hobbyists. I try to keep the memes to a minimum and just make it about the music. I like to cover good stuff that unjustly didn't have a lot written about it for whatever reason.

>What's new
Last time I made a thread, a few people suggested I buy some ads. I chose to write about OK Computer for its 20th anniversary release and spent a bit of cash to promote it, so we'll see how that goes. I've also been writing about the new Nick Lowe reissues, in case there's some Nick fans here.

For reader requests, I finally finished my review of Sun Kil Moon's Common as Light, and did Prefab Sprout's Jordan: The Comeback a while back.

Still on the requests agenda:
Divine Styler—Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light
Boris (in general—taking a while to absorb but haven't forgotten)
Lift to Experience—The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads
Velvet Underground
Unwound—Fake Train
Mars Volta—Frances the Mute
>>
U2 - The Joshua Tree
>>
>>74292986
Panic at the Disco and My Chemical Romance are weird nostalgia picks desu
>>
>>74293017
Also post your last fm
>>
>a cut above the hobbyists
>advertises on /mu/
>>
>>74293076
Okay, that's a good point.

Set Fire to Flames
>>
>>74293015
A bit daunting, but I'll try to put a new perspective on it. A good excuse to talk about the reissue too.

>>74293017
>>74293039
Yeah, those came along at a weird point in my life. https://www.last.fm/user/TheUniversal This isn't a super accurate snapshot for recently though, since I haven't kept up with my scrobbling plugins.
>>
>>74293130
If Talk Talk is some of your top stuff it'd be cool to see what you think of Bark Psychosis
>>
Hey, Thanks for pointing me your way! I just read your Sun Kil Moon review. How do we make requests? Can we just ask in this thread or is their a particular way?
>>
File: Jordan The Comeback.jpg (468KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jordan The Comeback.jpg
468KB, 600x600px
https://oldnoise.wordpress.com/2017/06/17/prefab-sprout-jordan-the-comeback/

Here's the direct link to my Prefab Sprout one, because I don't think I made a hub page for them yet and it's sort of buried now.

>>74293076
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>74293196
Right now, virtually anywhere. Can be in this thread, in the comments of the posts, or on the Facebook/Twitter pages (which I believe are on the sidebar, if I didn't goof it). I'll have to put something on a widget for it though, like a note about requesting and a Contact page, because I didn't make reader interaction terribly intuitive.
>>
File: Vagrant Story.jpg (70KB, 256x254px) Image search: [Google]
Vagrant Story.jpg
70KB, 256x254px
Also, sort of a non sequitur, but I'm also experimenting with video game reviews. It'd mainly be /vr/-era games, same deal, same style of reviews, with a light focus on dead/forgotten franchises. If there's any crossover appeal here, let me know.
>>
>>74294015
It could be cool to have a few reviews from the golden age of 2D RPGs (World of Xeen, Wizardry VII, Betrayal at Krondor, Darklands, Geneforge, etc.)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.