[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: Eno and Fripp.jpg (99KB, 850x703px) Image search: [Google]
Eno and Fripp.jpg
99KB, 850x703px
/mu/,

I've been listening to a fair amount of prog recently and could use some advice on which acts/albums I should explore next. I really like 3 Yes albums: The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to Edge and have also been exploring Topographic Oceans and Relayer.

Of course In The Court of the Crimson King is amazing and I also dig Lark's and Poseiden.

Where do I head next? I've heard good things about ELP, early Genesis, Jon Anderson's first solo album and Wakeman's Henry VIII & Center of the Earth. Thoughts on these? Other prog recs? I don't much care for Rush.
>>
File: King Crimson.jpg (2MB, 1920x933px) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.jpg
2MB, 1920x933px
>>
File: Yes_Album_Front.jpg (227KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Yes_Album_Front.jpg
227KB, 1500x1500px
>>
File: Yes - Fragile.jpg (107KB, 1385x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Yes - Fragile.jpg
107KB, 1385x1417px
>>
File: closetotheedge5b15d.jpg (753KB, 1399x1393px) Image search: [Google]
closetotheedge5b15d.jpg
753KB, 1399x1393px
>>
File: Chart.jpg (2MB, 2180x2360px) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
2MB, 2180x2360px
>>
>>74291237
Thanks.
>>
File: Faust IV_b.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Faust IV_b.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
>>74291237
This is the second time today I've seen Krautrock lumped in with Prog. I've always seen them as separate.
>>
Listen to a random album from this chart >>74291237 using something like random.org or whatever.
You still need to diversify your taste to know what you really like.

>>74291334
Me too, and I'm the one who made that chart, but peer pressure inside /prog/ general forced me to lump them together (and together with shitty "psot prog" as well).
>>
>>74291398
I also see Pink Floyd included sometimes. I see them as a psychedelic band, not Prog.
>>
Check out U.K.
>>
You propably would like Anglagard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngLxOB-ZNuw

And the Steven Wilson tribute albums to 70s prog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZ98XHyKYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leIIlezYJMI
>>
>>74291478
Me too, but some albums by them are arguably prog rock.
>>
>>74291478
They have some prog songs here and there but yeah they're pretty much a psychedelic band
>>
File: 1501438343681.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501438343681.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>I don't care much for Rush
>>
>>74291013
Pink Floyd: Meddle; Dark Side of the Moon; Wish You Were Here; Animals; The Wall
Genesis: Foxtrot; Selling England By The Pound; The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway; A Trick of the Tail; Wind & Wuthering
King Crimson: The Court of the Crimson King; Larks' Tongues in Aspic; Red
Gentle Giant: Aquiring the Taste; Octopus;The Power and the Glory; Free Hand
Jethro Tull: Aqualung; Thick as a Brick
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Tarkus
Queen: Queen II
Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Jesus Christ Superstar (seriously, it rocks!)
Rush (they are essential, but skip them if you really want to): 2112; Hemispheres; Moving Pictures
>>
>>74292750
I forgot Camel: Mirage!
>>
Is The Alan Parsons Project considered Prog? If so, I highly recommend Eye in the Sky, Pyramids, and I, Robot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.