[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did PC Music die off so fast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: hey-qt-sophie-ag-cook.jpg (26KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
hey-qt-sophie-ag-cook.jpg
26KB, 472x312px
Why did PC Music die off so fast?
>>
post-footwork
>>
because it's not good
>>
>>74289009
fuck you
>>
because it was a meme genre and memes have a very short lifespan before they become stale and boring.
>>
Because it's fucking boring?
>>
>>74288993
because it was just a.g. cook and danny ghost producing for everyone.
then charli bought all his songs.
so now u have a label with no music
>>
SOPHIE is still here
>>
Personally I enjoy a lot of PC Music's stuff, personal favourites were Bobby by GFOTY and Hannah Diamond's stuff, as well as that Laplander song. SOPHIE's work is awesome too! I didn't realise it was dead...I hope its not, but if it is, I'd say that they didn't die, rather, they've just started working with other artists, such as Charli XCX, rather than being in the spotlight themselves :)
>>
>>74288993
Because goofy tranny music has no progression, inspiration or meaning.
>>
>>74289249
>>74289256
sophie was never part of pc music
>>
File: imac.gif (112KB, 788x652px) Image search: [Google]
imac.gif
112KB, 788x652px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFTgC6-zFwU
>>
>>74288993
Because it's a meme
>>
Only music that is actually good gets memes that last.

Pc music didn't have much depth
>>
>rips off nancarrow then makes "ironic" pop music while enjoying the lifestyle
heh, nothing personal kid.
>>
>>74288993
A.G. is busy
>In March 2017, Charli XCX's mixtape Number 1 Angel was released, prominently featuring production by Cook and others, including PC Music artists and affiliates SOPHIE, Danny L Harle, Life Sim, and EASYFUN, who created the project EasyFX with Cook
>>
because it was gay as fuck
>>
>>74288993
Because Poppy did the same aesthetic much better.
>>
>>74288993
Did it?
http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/pc-music-make-album-out-of-mays-month-of-mayhem/
>>
>>74292597
>Poppy did the same aesthetic much better.
are you serious? low life and her ambient album are pretty good, but everything else she's done has been nauseating. especially her most recent singles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao5mg11xIk
>>
>>74290498
He wasn't? I guess pc music is all shit then
>>
>>74293013
>I guess pc music is all shit then
see
>>74292170
>>
Because the people hyping it thought there was some sort of post-modern meta-ironic statement about a few people that wanted to make some pop music that sounded like it came from the turn of the century when it actually turns out that, surprise, it was just people that wanted to make some pop music that sounded like it came from the turn of the century!
These are probably the same people that hyped up vaporwave as also some sort of deep 90's corporate cyberpop futurist statement. It's a stretch.
>>
>>74293295
it's definitely a postmodern statement
>>
>>74293625
its not a statement tho. they legit like the shit they do. and all the hipsters jumped shit because it wasnt some critic on pop music.

i still enjoy their work tho.
>>
>>74293771
>they legit like the shit they do
of course they do. it's not a critique. it's a postmodern adaptation. a pastiche
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.