[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is David Bowie getting even more popular after his death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

>>
>>74288242
Bandwagoners
>>
His career seems to have basically followed the path of all other dadrock, complete with bigtime slump in the 90s, slight success as a retro act in the 2000s, etc.

But even long after his death (and the small boost in interest that gave) it's like his impact continues to grow. Everyone is starting to cite his influence, even pop country singers, and hipsters pay hand over fist for his records.

Was he really special?
>>
>>74288242
Blackstar.
>>
>>74288314
Yeah
>>
>>74288314
>Was he really special?

nope
>>
>>74288311
>>74288693
He got a little boost in after he croaked like Lou Reed and Prince and everyone, but this is something more.

Why do people who scoff at the Stones and Dyland and Springsteen extoll Bowie?
>>
A celebrity's death is an easy way for a person to virtue signal within a given group.

you may have noticed in school when a chad gets drunk and crashes into a tree and dies. the whole school goes into mourning and all sins committed in school are absolved.

meanwhile every student. even students that never personally knew him or interacted with him. will share stories about how such a good person he was.

thats why musicians are suddenly getting so much praise. my vote for the next ones this year are Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne. they are sort of known to normies by word of mouth. and oh boy the moment they die. every one and their mother will come out about how they loved him and listened to every single one of his singles.
>>
>>74289215
>virtue signalling
>chads
into the trash it goes
>>
he was a pretty big deal my dude
>>
The people here are underageb& infants who never knew anything beyond Labyrinth
>>
i never listened to much of his early stuff, but i listened to the single blackstar when it came out and i was blown away at how weird it was. usually when artists get weird like blackstar did it feels forced and pretentious but blackstar felt honest somehow. i listened to more of bowie and DESU i still only listen to the blackstar album. his past work is good but ive only been able to connect with blackstar
>>
File: IMG_2793.jpg (116KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2793.jpg
116KB, 1024x569px
>>74291168
>>
Compared to a lot of the shit coming out now, he was a legend. Ironically, I was a teen in the 80s when some of his less famous stuff came out. Let's Dance and China Girl still give me chills and that's his "bad" stuff. Ziggy Stardust is an epic concept album, Heroes has all memorable tracks, Space Oddity was way ahead of its time. He deserves the respect he has earned.
>>
File: TES.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TES.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
>>74288242
>>
>>74288242
David Bowie is shit.
>>
>>74288242
thats what happens to musicians with long careers that dont fuck up their legacy
>>
File: IMG_7372.jpg (69KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7372.jpg
69KB, 750x708px
because he fuckin rocks bro
>>
>>74288242
It's easier to judge an artists body of work after it's ultimately complete
>>
>>74288242
That happens literally every time a celebrity dies.

>They die
>Everyone loves them now

You really shouldn't be surprised about this
>>
File: IMG_0033.jpg (27KB, 465x309px)
IMG_0033.jpg
27KB, 465x309px
>>74294073
but is it really complete?
>>
>>74288242
Because his death brought him a degree of media exposure that he hadn't experienced in decades, and spurred those of us who already loved his work to rave about how great he was, which in turn caused a lot of people who hadn't heard his music before to check it out, and it's good shit so they kept listening to it.
>>
>>74294411
t. reddit
>>
>>74288242
because he was in the news i guess when he died. i think prince and linkin park also got a sales bump.
>>
>>74294427
Exactly what is so le reddit about my post?
>>
because he deserves it
>>
>>74294471
did you thought you had more time?
>>
>>74290730
Not trying to derail, but can you explain why "Chad" terminology is leaking from incel reddit? Seriously, I've been off and on 4chan for 6 years and didn't ever read "Chad" until this past few months.

Also, I have loved Bowie for a while and I think that his death has created a new avenue of discussion for old fans to introduce it to new people. So now his old fans are just much more visible than they were prior to his death.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.