[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: overrated shit in music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: a - Front.jpg (179KB, 598x543px) Image search: [Google]
a - Front.jpg
179KB, 598x543px
>very limited amount of improvisation with non-existent amounts of melodic/harmonic development to make up for it
>simplified grooves that take away any of the more subtle/dynamic aspects of jazz drumming (even though many examples in jazz show you can have both)
>large arrangement that weaves in parts like a first year music school kiddie
>a "variety" of different parts that play too close together instead of being more syncopated, thus not being taken full advantage of to create dance rhythms nor actual depth/complexity

It's literally outdated, cliche dance music with no depth. The 60s equivalent of The Epic but not as bloated. Note how this album wasn't even that highly acclaimed when it came out; Downbeat gave it a 4/5 when just about any relatively decent record can nab a 5/5 from them. The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady didn't get praise until later by people who hadn't listened to more than a handful of jazz records and were too casual to fully digest the more intricate improvisations in real jazz music but also couldn't handle the depth in compositions of classical music.
>>
>>74286587
>It's literally outdated
but was it at the time
>>
>real jazz music
>>>>>>real
wew
>>
>>74286587
You were the guy arguing about Spanish guitar parts on the album in a similar thread, weren't you? It's okay, you don't like the album, but why are you so mad first of all? I guess it didn't work this time.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.