[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Iron Maiden Album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

What album do you think is the best? Tell people about it and stuff
>>
Seventh Son, Somewhere in Time and Killers are the most consistent in my opinion, but all their first 7 albums are great and much better than everything else.
>>
Their shortest one
>>
You really can't go wrong with any of the first seven records, but Piece Of Mind is probably my favorite.
>>
The debut
>>
Number of the Beast - their first album with Bruce Dickinson. They still had some leftover "punk" rawness from the first two albums but it was a little more refined. The songs are catchy and this is the album that defined their sound without going too power metal dungeons and dragons like some of their other albums.
>>
Killers

Paul > Bruce
>>
>>74286215
I like the one with Eddy on the cover
>>
>>74286215

Somewhere in Time.

I think they were at their peak as far as songwriting goes here.

The sound on Killers and Number of the Beast are great, though.
>>
>>74286215
Tough call. I love the 1st four albums. Saw every tour from Number of the Beast up to Brave New World many times and a few there after. (Saw Powerslave 4 times...it just worked out that way). But I would say Piece of Mind. Top to bottom great songs and fantastically mixed. And it was by far the best tour of those I've seen.
>>
>>74286319
>Paul > Bruce

memester contrarian.
>>
>>74287754
It's not really contrarian though, Paul is a great vocalist and liking him better is perfectly understandable. If he said Blaze is better he'd deserve to have his shit slapped though.
>>
File: 182.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
182.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
I actually really like Brave New World. Criminally underrated.
>>
St.anger
>>
>>74286215
Powerslave is their best no doubt
>>
Killers.
>>
unironically X Factor desu, Criminally underrated because of "MUH BRCUE, NO BRUCE WAH WAH WAH"

I'm aware Bruce is generally a much better vocalist, but just claiming X Factor sucks and entirely has no other merits a tall because Bruce left is bullshit. The X Factor matches Blazes vocals anyway.
>>
>>74290296
It's weird because the X-factor kind of is both terrible and fantastic at the same time
>>
Killers>Somewhere>Powerslave>s/t>Piece>Number>BNW>AMoLaD>Seventh Son>FotD>Book of Souls>No Prayer>Dance>Frontier>X Factor>Virtual XI
>>
File: RANKING.png (637KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
RANKING.png
637KB, 680x680px
How i'd personally rank the Maiden albums although on second thought i'd switch Self Titled and Somewhere In Time.
>>
>>74286215
Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son are my favourites I think.

Iron Maiden and Killers are great too, but they're different from the Bruce/Blaze albums. They're more of a Mad Max-style 1980 punk metal style. They're great albums in their own right.

I didn't care much for AMOLAD the first time around, but I've been listening to it again recently and it's really grown on me. I thought The Book of Souls was good as well.

I think my least favourite Maiden album is probably Brave New World. I always found it to be a bit weird. Ghost of the Navigator is a brilliant song, clearly the best on the album and up there with some of their late 80s tracks. But the rest of the album felt like they were trying to appeal to the Slipknot/Korn generation. Bruce still had a bit more strength in his voice which he may not have now, but yeah - didn't really care for the album.
>>
>>74290813
Also, why do so many Maiden tracks now have the song slowing down at the end and Bruce singing a single, slow line to end the song?
>>
>>74286215
Somewhere in Time
Powerslave
Seventh Son
Piece of Mind

in that order
>>
>>74290358
How's it terrible?
>>
>>74287863
It's a great album, easily the best from their last 20 years
>>
>>74290440
Really, dance of death last?? It has some good moments like Dance of Death, Face in the Sand and Paschendale, more than NPFTD at least.

Although, I'm quite happy to see somebody put X factor quite high, it's really underrated, and Piece of mind quite a bit lower than usual, it's really overrated.
>>
File: TES.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TES.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
>>74286215
>>
>>74292915
I still like it it's got great songs on their, Dance Of Death, Paschendale and Journeyman and in retrospect it's ahead of no prayer for the dying tb h.
>>
>their first 7 albums are great and much better than everything else.
fuckin a, i like killers alot but its impossible to pick a best of those first 7. i like bruce alot more than dianno

>>74287863
also this, it really is a good album. dance of death is pretty fucking good too
>>
IM WAITING

IN MY COLD CELL
>>
>>74286215
why is the order suddenly messed up after 7th son

anyhow 1st maiden is the best from start to finish
& the rest of the 80s arguably have better tunes but each one has some filler
>>
>>74290440
>Piece of Mind THAT low
shit taste
>>
File: Varg-Vikernes-July-2013.jpg (43KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Varg-Vikernes-July-2013.jpg
43KB, 720x480px
Varg's favorite metal album of all time is Somewhere in Time, just in case you ever wanted proof he's not totally sane.
>>
>>74293687
good choice desu
>>
>>74293687
>just in case you ever wanted proof he's not totally sane.
how dare you varg is based
>>
>>74293596
bad taste
>>
>>74293783
OK...you've convinced me, the rest of the 80s albums have arguably worse tunes,,,
>>
I'm probably in the minority, but A Matter of Life and Death is my favorite. I love how epic the songs were (for lack of a better word)
>>
>>74288566
For what it's worth, I agree with this.
>>
>>74286215
Killers
Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Piece of Mind
Who gives a fuck after those?
>>
It's a tie between Killers and Number of The Beast for me!
>>
>>74294131
Bad opinion, You're missing out on allot of good material.
>>
>>74294201
I checked out the other stuff, but it was all kind of samey. The just kept releasing the same album over and over. Bruce's voice gets annoying to me after a while. Strained caterwauling at the very edge of his range.
DiAnno>Bruce
>>
itt: minimalist album covers
>>
>>74294379
how dare you
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.