[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate The Mars Volta? Aside from the obvious answer...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Drones.jpg (123KB, 1200x678px) Image search: [Google]
Drones.jpg
123KB, 1200x678px
Why does /mu/ hate The Mars Volta?
Aside from the obvious answer...
>>
Their music is boring and drawn out. I pretty much only listen to music for bangers. I want to hear fun sounds, not 20 minutes of guitar wankery.
>>
>>74286118
GIVE ME THAT CORPSE PLEASE
>>
>>74286118
Fuck off newfag, /mu/ loves TMV.
>>
>>74286182
Yes we sure do love Trout Mask Veplica ;^)
>>
>>74286161
ahem *mariachi wankery
>>
Most quotable band ever.

>PANIC IN THE SHAKES OF THE WOUNDED
>PANIC IN THE WORMS
>ONTO THE FLOOR
>OUT OF YOUR MOUTH
>AND OUT OF YOUR EYELIDS
>>
>>74286118

Those two are lucky they could just decide to re-unite At The Drive-In at any point, because fuck Jim Ward I guess.

I like Mars Volta, but that became a tainted band for sure. Like when Mark Kozelek decided not to Red House Painters anymore and be Sun Kil Moon.
>>
>>74286161
TMV is fun though
>>
>>74286118
Look up a picture of each writer for mars Volta pitchfork reviews...all nu-males
>>
>>74286597
Which adds to the hilarity, because The Mars Volta was diverse as fuck.
>>
File: Tetralogy.jpg (318KB, 1600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tetralogy.jpg
318KB, 1600x400px
Name a better tetralogy

Protip: you literally can't
>>
>>74286784
I can think of very few ones, although they're not prog (Low to Scary Monsters; Sell Out to Quadrophenia; Rubber Soul to Magical Mystery Tour, Please Mr. Lostman to Happy Bivouac...), but in prog that's the best tetralogy by far.
>>
>>74286118
/mu/ isn't Pitchfork, a lot of this board considers those reviews to be among the magazine's worst. Also, yay I made that image!
>>
>>74286118
no one hates TMV
>>
>>74286784
Damn..
>>
Guys...
If you change around the letters in TMV....
You get MTV!
Wonder what that could mean.....
>>
The first track on FtM sounds like an anime intro
>>
>>74287182
I wanna know what sort of anime you have been watching, honestly.
>>
If /mu/ hates them it gives me a bigger reason to not stop liking them, but their albums have been on many charts.
>>
>>74286784
>>74286880
I would argue that Gentle Giant's first four albums is a better tetralogy.
>>
>>74286784
Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master Of Reality, Vol 4
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.