[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf why did you guys tell me this is garbage, this is great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: a1254899404_10.jpg (514KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1254899404_10.jpg
514KB, 1200x1200px
wtf why did you guys tell me this is garbage, this is great
>>
File: 1500420124470.png (757KB, 963x973px) Image search: [Google]
1500420124470.png
757KB, 963x973px
haha, yeah op. It's amazing right! I too haven't ever listened to Jazz before!
>>
It's not 'garbage' it's just not very innovative that's all. He plays very loud but that doesn't make it great, trust me. You'll get bored of this album within a week. It won't stick in your mind. That's what people mean.
>>
It's a great if it's your first jazz album
>>
it was just contrarian losers who told you that just to have a """""patrician""""" opinion cause this album was gettin popular and critically acclaimed
>>
>>74282572
>Great first jazz album
>3 hours long
>>
>>74282556
>>74282572
i listen to a fair amount of jazz and the reason I waited this long to listen to it is because /jazz/ posters call it awful
>>
File: 1500585699108.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500585699108.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>74282569
>>74282572
>>74282576
>90% of the album is filler, playing is boring and sub-par. Composition, in general, is boring and only appeals to the normiest of Jazz fans.

A Love Supreme, Kind of Blue... the list goes on...

I share a music board with these people. Jesus christ.
>>
>>74282576
also, the album is great, don't listen to these ignorants, they say is shit just cause, "ooooh is not complex enough, too accesible, this is for people who are starting to listen jazz" that or they haven't even listened jazz in their lifes, all of these are lies, ignore them
>>
>>74282604
you're just lying
"bland", "unimaginative", "way too long for what it has to offer", all of this is true, but I've never seen a comment in /jazz/ straight calling it "awful", it's just not a memorable album

and if you participate in /jazz/, you know that people in these threads tend to post opinions longer than "awful, plen XD"

by the way, why don't people praising it (which they obviously have the right to) never talk about the albums from the other members of the Kamasi clique ? they're in a pretty similar vein
>>
>>74282632
Maybe you should leave
>>
>>74282632
wtf are you talking about, it *is* boring. You will get tired of it within a week

>>74282595
the length is literally just a gimmick
>>
>>74282685
look at this asshole for example >>74282632
he don't what the fuck he's talking about
>>
>>74282712
don't know*
>>
>>74282702
im sorry that I dont want to explain the entire viewpoint of one of the countless people who have written critiques of this album, but the general consensus is that its just not good, which I disagree with after having heard the album

and yeah, me liking this album clearly means i am lying about participating in /jazz/
>>
>>74282711
>the length is literally just a gimmick
How so? You think an album sells better if it's three hours long instead of one?
>>
>>74282760
did you even read my post? I wasn't even talking about the likings or dislikings expressed about this album, just about the fact that I've yet to see a post from /jazz/ straight calling it awful without backing it up

and no, an album can be bland like this one and still not be horrible, countless albums are in this not good not bad zone
>>
>>74282820
i see what youre getting at now, apologies for misinterpreting.

really, "awful" was hyperbole on my part if thats your main hang up on what im saying
>>
It's okay desu. It just REALLY overstays its welcome and all of his dad solos sound the same
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.