[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

99% of rock music isn't any better that the top 40 mainstream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1501160915386.jpg (461KB, 1171x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1501160915386.jpg
461KB, 1171x1250px
99% of rock music isn't any better that the top 40 mainstream stuff, yet people like to pretend otherwise. Why is it?
>>
99% of all music isn't any better that the top 40 mainstream stuff, yet people like to pretend otherwise. Why is it?
>>
>>74282416
Bad thread
>>
Now, that's just not true.
>>
99%? more like 100%
>>
>>74282416
How did you determine that exactly? And which genres would you consider worthwhile?
>>
>>74282620
>genres
I'm talking about subgenres but individuals bands/artists that manage to be the exception within the bounds of rock. Of course who these particular exceptions are, is not of my concern given they vary depending on the individual.
>>
>>74282416
you idiot there's a lot more underground bands than there are top 40 so naturally underground bands are more likely to be good
>>
>>74283401
>underground bands are more likely to be good
Incorrect. Most underground bands are just as bad as the average mainstream rock band. Same shit dressed in different clothing to trick retards like you into thinking it has more worth just because it lacks the over the top catchiness.
It's all about image and "vibe" instead of the actual music (which is as vapid as the more known stuff).
>>
>>74282737
>its not good if it doesnt have 14 full length essays describing what it is
>>
>>74282416
Saying this kind of bullshit means two possible things:

1.- Your taste is fucking garbage

2.- You have listened only 2 or 3 "underground" bands, and the ones you listened are also bullshit.

I think the problem you have is the 1st one.
>>
Op listens to drake
>>
>>74283718
I'm pretty sure you have never listened to bands like Gong, Comus, Banchee, Caravan, Pink Fairies, Happy End, Kak, Corpus, etc etc etc
>>
>>74283758
I did
>hipster prog
>>
>>74283781
If you really did (I still don't really believe a dumb anonymous like you) then this thread is a nonsense shit.
>>
File: 1495618246917.gif (645KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1495618246917.gif
645KB, 500x365px
>>74282416
nobody fucking knows what 'better' is, let alone what is better than what else or at what point this becomes 'good'
if only this board could just take on these facts and then 95% of all content could be deleted
>>
>>74283781
>hipster prog
So you're not actually serious and for all we know you could be Montie. Thanks for confirming at least something. Just leave this thread people.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 160x90px
>mainstream music is best music
>>
99% of anything is shite just in general.
>>
>>74283468
>It's all about image and "vibe" instead of the actual music
yeah, maybe for a pleb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.