[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your band /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: ween1.jpg (78KB, 770x524px) Image search: [Google]
ween1.jpg
78KB, 770x524px
Tell me about your band /mu/
>>
>>74277361
I livecode electronic music and my mate drums the fuck out of his kit. It's all improv, we even had to drop a label because they expected a regular setlist when neither of us knows what the other is going to play.
>>
>>74277361
I sure fuckin wish I had one. I can do vocals and songwriting, but no money for instruments, and not close enough (physically) to friends with a common interest in forming a band yet. I have some solo work with fl studio but that's probably not going to go anywhere anytime soon :/
>>
My band? Yeah, we're like, really avant-garde, and like, damn...
>>
>>74277383
sounds like fun, ever play any gigs
>>
>>74277428
Yeah, we usually open for another shit band and also did the soundtrack to some avant garde theater shit.
I don't have any video I'm willing to share because anonimity, but you can check this out, it's the performance I basically stole the idea from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAq4BAbvRS4
>>
>>74277361
Shitty Modest Mouse cover band
>>
signed to sub pop
>>
>>74277361
I have a full on recording studio full of instruments and gear and no one will ever come over and play or record. I tell musicians free studio time, still nothing. am I cursed?
>>
>>74277770
are you fat, ugly, smelly, creepy, or annoying?
>>
>>74277786
no. just very ronery
>>
File: 1464582534848.jpg (12KB, 424x394px) Image search: [Google]
1464582534848.jpg
12KB, 424x394px
>>74277361
>tfw you will never be in a band
>>
>>74277510
This is awesome. I'm going to look into this.
>>74277557
Sounds horrible. Why do you do it?
>>74277770
>that get proximity
you have bad luck in general it seems
>>
>>74277825
then idk bud
fuck other people, just make it yourself
remember, the giraffe is a horse designed by a committee
The more people you have the more your vision of what you want is tainted
Solo is patrician
>>
>>74277770
You just need to start making the music yourself. It's time, anon.
>>
>>74277770
make music yourself and then find people to play

gives you complete control over the outcome of the project
>>
Been looking on craigslist for people to make a band with. None of my friends are musicians nor have any actual interest in music, except for one, but he's a fan of electronic.
>>
>>74277361
I'm gonna be a solo rock act, but I'm trying to make it so I can do everything live.
I'm conflicted between portraying a theme/aesthetic I find appealing or being more "from the heart".
>>
I'm still trying to form a "band" but I don't really get to talk about it much so I'll share. I'm teaching myself guitar and how to use drum machines, DAW's, etc so I can make make pychedelic beats to rap/sing over. The sound I want is somewhere between Electric Ladyland and At.Long.Last.A$AP (and a little Dead Kennedy's) with an emphasis on guitar riffs and vocal samples creating the majority of the beat with minimal percussion.
Really need someone who can sing and help write songs though. I have a friend who raps but he's not good at writing verses and sounds like a Lil uzi biter.
>>
>>74278024
I feel bad. I contacted some people on CL but they wanted me to talk to them on the phone but I got scared and never called them.

I have friends who like music that I do but they're either too lazy to learn an instrument or know one and are too busy to jam.
>>
>>74278071
There was this one guy that contact me and he asked me what kind of music I liked. I sent him some links, but his descriptions of them were so bizarre that I wasn't sure if he was listening to what I was listening to
>>
Is it a bad idea to jam with someone who's leagues above you? Like decades of experience ahead of you?
>>
>>74278089
Not unless they're assholes
>>
>>74277770
if you are near Los Angeles, and know how to record, I'll come by everyday if you want brother.
I sing, write full arrangements, play drums and keyboards.
>>
>>74278089
Not really. Being in a band is like making Thanksgiving dinner with relatives. Each got something to offer.
>>
>>74278131
Damn...
>>
>>74278200
Dude, you know the scene in Riverside County? I think you'd fit in there.
>>
Its a one piecer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHUV4xxvl_M
>>
I live near LA, play saxophone, and want to make a noise rock band. The pic is a collage of some albums I like. Anyone wanna form a band with me?

My skype is rolas978

>>74278220
No I did not, tell me about it?
>>
>>74278228
Got a pretty good underground experimental sort of post-punk-ish scene out there.
>>
>>74278268
It's so far though, it would take me an hour just to drive out there.
>>
>>74278288
Ah, so you're like IN LA. I know they tour around SoCal, just go to some local shows and network.
>>
electronic bass music
lots of extended chords / jazz improv
toured japan
>>
>>74278288
You're in a sweet spot for making music, by the way. I wish I lived around LA.
>>
I'm in three bands. I wish I had free time to make my own music.
>>
>>74278352
>>74278313
Yeah, you're right. Guess it's time to record some sort of demo
>>
>>74278345
I knew Fripp posted here
>>
We play something we like to call Sabrosón Stoner. Just stoner/punkish shit with caribbean, latino rythms. Very funny to play.
>>
>>74277510
i don't get the background programming, is the guy programming live? that's how he makes the music? is this how you regularly make electronic music?
>>
File: albumart.jpg (2MB, 3741x3516px) Image search: [Google]
albumart.jpg
2MB, 3741x3516px
>>74277361
>>74277361
Just released our first album. Recorded and produced it ourselves. (The production isn't perfect but it was worth having creative control over it) https://daisy
>>
crossover thrash from nowhere michigan
>>
>>74278560
motherfuck heres the fixed link https://daisydistraction.bandcamp.com/album/for-anna
>>
Hello guys, i need some help

I was playing on my electric guitar when i accidentally stepped on my cable. Now the guitar doesn't seem to work... Or it could be the amp that doesn't work (which i played without load wen the cable was pulled out of my guitar). Any ideas how to fix this problem?
>>
>>74278615
you probably have an open in your jack. You need to resolder it probably. Not very hard to do.
>>
>>74278669
K, thanks. [:
>>
>>74277361
Me and my girlfriend have a "band", more a project. We meet to make music but we ended up fucking. So, I would Sat that things are pretty slow right now
>>
Haven't been in a band since HS, but some girl from my work found out I play bass and has been pressuring me to jam with her (she plays drums).

The only problem is we play totally different styles of music. I'm mostly a metal guy with some electronic/classic rock influence and she mostly likes shitty screamo/alternative/nu-metal type stuff. What do?
>>
File: IMG-20170731-WA0025.jpg (244KB, 1033x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170731-WA0025.jpg
244KB, 1033x1280px
a combination of prog rock and renaissance choral music
>>
Well it started as power electronics. A friend of mine I met online and who heavily helped in the album wound up getting signed to Atlantic Records somewhere along the line and despite the album being fucking done some cocksuckers at Atlantic decided it wasn't pop and didn't fit the image they had for him when they signed him and due to an exclusivity agreement the album was cancelled. Now we are moving on to a new album without him which is raw black metal. I want to take the Boris approach and not stick to one genre.
>>
>>74280048
Needless to say we don't speak anymore but I don't hate him. He was living in a shit area and being signed helped him get a better and safer living area and also may make him a wealthy man in the future. I haven't heard the finished album. I did vocals/lyrics and arrangements if that makes sense. Another member and I added synths and droning sound and patched the stuff together to make long and very chaotic tracks. It was being done entirely in analogue so it could be like old first wave industrial and later stuff like Pure. Unfortunately he was in charge of percussion and further mixing and what not and he decided to not go against Atlantic having been recently signed and never sent me the finished stuff due to his contract. He paid me what I paid him for help and food to keep him able to get something other than fast food while living on his own but it still makes me sad, I spent an entire year with nothing but that album to keep me going and I didn't even get to hear the finished thing.
>>
We just finished recording twelve songs for our 'demo', two guitars and drums. Thing is the songs differ very much from each other, we take influences from American Football and Snowing to Algernon Cadwallader and Godspeed. I'm having a friend of mine help me with the mixing as of right now.

This is a rough mix of a song i wrote: https://soundcloud.com/quidproquoband/woah-test

If anyone has any tips or guidelines on mixing i'd be happy to hear them.
>>
>>74277361
Non-Italian, unironic eurobeat duo with turbofolk elements.
>>
>>74277402
Underated post
>>
>>74278579
>https://daisydistraction.bandcamp.com/album/for-anna

this is nice
>>
>>74280898
the more i listen to it the better it gets, i hope your band goes far
>>
Broke up after I moved out of the country for college. We played skagaze, that was fun. The drummer and the guitarrist joined together and they're doing something interesting where they pretty much turned the drum into a synth over distorted guitars.

Nowadays I'm mostly doing sideman jobs in here, especially for this jazz bar near my college (turns out, pianists and bassists are needed often); but honestly I really want to play in a band again. Probably something proggy.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.