[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Metallica Album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

Which album do you think is the best? Fight over it and share which one you think is the best even if it is St Anger
>>
Ride the lighting is their best and everything after and justice for all is absolutely shit
>>
I think the overall musical complexity and maturity is at their best with RtL but KeA has that level of intensity and energy they have yet to recreate. It just pisses me off when some fags rate KeA below AJFA.
>>
Ride The Lightning wins just on the fact that it's the least bloated record they have ever made. This band stretches out some of their tracks way too long, resulting in the most bloated stuff to come from that scene.
>>
I think ...And Justice for All would be their best effort if they hadn't mixed out Jason from every track. I agree with the other commenters though, it is pretty bloated.
>>
I think all their albums are different enough that it makes comparing them a little hard.

I'd argue that they're all around the same level of quality apart from St Anger and Death Magnetic, which I hate.

I think Metallica albums are usually brought down by what they do have rather than what they don't. There's always a dud or two on every one of their albums. They could all use a bit of fat trimming.

>Kill em All
Four Horsemen needed to be cut in half, could lose Phantom Lord and maybe Metal Militia and I think it would flow a lot better
>RtL
Get rid of Escape and maybe Trapped Under Ice
>MoP
I think this is the only time where they hit that sweet spot and every song on the album is worthy of being there
>Justice
I don't like Harvester of Sorrow but I'm not sure I'd cut it out because a lot of people seem to like it
>Black Album
Don't Tread on Me, Of Wolf and Man and The Struggle Within could definitely go
>Load/ReLoad
It's easier to make a list of the songs they should've kept here:
Until it Sleeps
King Nothing
Hero of the Day
Bleeding Me
Wasting My Hate
Outlaw Torn
Fuel
Devil's Dance
Unforgiven II
Prince Charming
Fixxxer
>St Anger
Kind of another exception because every song apart from the title track, The Unnamed Feeling and All Within My Hands sucks
>Death Magnetic
Again everything is pretty horrible apart from All Nightmare Long and The Judas Kiss
>Hardwired
The entire second disc apart from Spit Out the Bone and maybe Here Comes Revenge and this would be a great album, in the end there were just too many tracks that didn't click for me
>>
>>74277594
>four horsemen is too long while master of puppet isn't

Woah
>>
I like them all but some are wayy better than others. AJFA is their masterpiece IMO but Master Of Puppets is my personal favorite and Ride The Lightning is awesome but trapped under ice and escape stops it from being their best record. Kill 'em all is awesome but not as good as the other three. Black Album is ok some tracks are great like sad but true but some are throw away and the album should of ended at nothing else matters. Load/reload has some great tracks but most are garbage and if they made an album of the good stuff it would be pretty damn great. St.anger is shit, frantic and the title track are the only good stuff fuck every other song. Death magnetic is again ok some tracks are great like all nightmare long, cyanide and judas kiss but some aren't good. Hardwired is probably their best record since AJFA some tracks are throw away but most are fucking kick ass! Spit out the bone is a fucking amazing song!

In order from best to worst:
1. Master of puppets
2. AJFA
3. Ride the lightning
4. Kill 'em all
5. Hardwired
6. Death magnetic
7. Reload
8. Load
9. St.anger
>>
>>74277594
>could lose Phantom Lord
hahahaah fuck no
delet seek and destroy, completely useless and plodding
>>
If Kirk would learn a better solo, maybe they'd be the best again.

Deb8 me
>>
Ride the Lightning slowed down to 33 1/3 rpm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGC2528rsYs&t=352s
>>
I don't really like Metallica or metal at all.

The only two albums that I kinda liked of theirs were Load and Reload since they sound nothing like the others. The rest is just boring thrash metal.
>>
I could see either Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning as a pick for their best. MOP had them developing a more original sound, slightly subverting traditional thrash tropes with songs like Orion and Welcome Home. Ride the Lightning is pure thrash distilled at its best, though. The only other thing they did worth mentioning is AJFA, which has them get a bit more proggy but also a bit more nihilistic and aimless.
>>
File: IMG_1895.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1895.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
I like Load the most but the cover creeps me out; looks like bloody jizz.
>>
>>74279112
>looks like bloody jizz.
Thats because it is. That's the photographer's seamen mixed with cow blood.
>>
>>74279128
Isn't there piss in there too?
>>
Metallica lost me after The Black Album.
Every album and e.p. prior to that is GOAT!
>>
>>74278953
The thing is that Kirk is a pretty good performer, but not a writer. This shows in KeA where the solos and shredding bits are fucking beautiful but they're all written by Mustaine
>>
Lulu>RTL>KEA>who gives a shit
>>
File: rip.jpg (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
176KB, 600x600px
This one's the best prove me wrong
>>
File: 1452823048460.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452823048460.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>74279391
>>
>>74276947
Master of Puppets
>>
RTL > KEA > MOP > AJFA > Hardwired > Black > Death Magnetic > The Rest
>>
>>74276974
fpbp
>>
>>74279485
THIS
>>
>>74279485
>hardwired >good
>>
>>74280534
Never said it was good, just better than black
>>
>>74280544
Alright, just thought you meant it was good until the rest.
I wouldn't say they have made a bad album actually, a lot of what people call bad is just mediocre, which I guess is kind of worse than bad.
>>
>>74276947
You already posted it.

>WHO MADE YOU GOD TO SAY?
>I'LL TAKE YOUR LIFE FROM YOU
>>
AJFA > RTL > KEA > MOP >Black Album > Hardwired > Death Magnetic >The Rest
>>
>Metallica discussion
>on /mu/

Really need an alternative to this place now but everywhere else is too slow.

saged
>>
File: kikehammett.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
kikehammett.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>74276947
The ones with Dave no doubt
>>
File: 1500602011297.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500602011297.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>74277594
>could lose phantom lord
>>
Kea>Mop>rtl>ajfa>hardwired>dm>st anger>reload>blackalbum>load
>>
>>74277594
>Get rid of Escape and maybe Trapped Under Ice
>Trapped Under Ice

Nigga get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: 1501399636354.jpg (37KB, 349x237px) Image search: [Google]
1501399636354.jpg
37KB, 349x237px
>>74277100
>not edging to Orion and cumming right on 6:35 when Cliff hits the distorted bass

P L E B
L
E
B
>>
>>74281248
I feel like it doesn't really do anything that the other fast songs on the record don't do
>>
>>74279185
That's Reload
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (74KB, 399x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
74KB, 399x368px
I dont know what all the fuss is over St Anger is, I think its great.
>>
>>74276947
...And Justice For All is their best. And the best modern album is St. Anger.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (112KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
112KB, 600x900px
>>74281330
>masturbating

t. degenerate
>>
I unironically like their S/T, Load, ReLoad, Death Magnetic, and Hardwired. Though my favorite is probably Justice For All.
>>
>>74284534
I love Load and ReLoad. They were a important part of my youth. And desu I think the lyrical content of Load especially are severely underrated. Bleeding Me and Low Mans Lyric incredible. The problem is that its Metallica making music that isnt Metallica so I understand all the hate their later albums got
>>
Kill Em All is the most metal record given the critical look at them.

Load and Reload are not as bad as some people say they are. St. Anger is though.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.