[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who makes the music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0718.jpg (180KB, 1693x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0718.jpg
180KB, 1693x901px
imho discussion of commercial music is drastically hampered until we can sort out the process by which the music and musicians we listen to are made. “Ghostwriters” are the tip of the iceberg behind the scenes.
Am i just not patrician enough to know the ins and outs of the. Industry? Someone dresses these people, someone picks the themes of the new album, people write the words, there’s a horde of producers each doing different things.
Someone care to talk about how this works? I have no clue, but I feel like we’re missing out on the real stars of our time cause they’re too smart to fall for the fame meme...
>>
File: jr.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jr.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>74273880
>fame meme
it's getting to the point where anybody with musical integrity knows "making it big" is becoming less feasible for them
>>
kendrick doesn't write his own music
>>
>>74274441
Prove it
>>
File: haha.png (268KB, 1118x812px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
268KB, 1118x812px
>>74274454
>>
>>74274417
And it’s far easier to make a profitable act if you can control ever aspect (i.e. you pick the performer)

I think the story of Steev Mike / Andrew W.K. says something about this but I’m not sure what
>>
>>74274484
Why do songs always have at least half a dozen songwriting credits these days? Fear of litigation, or do that many people actually contribute?
>>
>>74274534
If you ran a business making billions of dollars selling music wouldnt you hire a top notch songwriting team so you can produce a top of the line product?
>>
>>74274534
money money and money
>>
>>74274484
I knew you were gonna post this shit. Anyone who wrote the song of the sample you're using must be credited as a writer of your song too. Not to mention the people around him who could've said something as small as "put an adlib here" needing to be credited as well.
>>
>>74274534
that said OFC kendrick writes his own lyrics, and that's the important thing with an artist like him. a fucking rock band with outside songwriters though? trash.
>>
>>74274694
i think it's just insiders being tacked on for checks more than anything really
>>
>>74274694
What are the chances that a marketable cool guy like Kendrick is gonna also consistently write great material enough to be sure that the album will return well on investment? If that’s your investment are you gonna leave it up to chance and just trust Kendrick to “do what he do”?
“Put an adlib here”, getting Kendrick to record a bunch of adlibs, selecting the right one, inserting it into the song at the right time and making it sound good is arguably more of the work than writing the lyrics if he even does that.
If you’re not comfortable talking about Kendrick like that, how does Migos’ music get made?
>>
>>74274527
For sure- if you can kind of pick out of a toolset to make the perfect selling act, definitely. Of course the dilemma is, no musical integrity is involved, and so in turn these producers are making bank while making the majority of people associate these types of acts with high tier musicality, so people now think this is the best kind of music out there; this is the norm for acceptable content.
>>
>>74274818
You have no idea how artists work.
>>
>>74274923
What I’m saying is that I’m fine with that if they can produce genuinely good music, I just wish they’d let us know who really deserves the credit for the soundtrack of our generation you know?
And I’m not really sure about no musical integrity being involved. Just cause some megacorp hooks you up with the tools to do what you love doesn’t mean you aren’t gonna try to do a good job. Great songwriters and musicians shouldn’t have to be walking memes whoring themselves to the masses just to get steady work
>>
>>74275008
I said that in the op though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.