[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTION: Can the type of music you listen to have an effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bart.jpg (11KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
bart.jpg
11KB, 236x245px
QUESTION:

Can the type of music you listen to have an effect on your outlook on life/happiness levels? For example, if I only listen to happy, upbeat music, will I feel less depressed over time? And vice versa (will constantly listening to dark music make you more depressed)?
>>
>>74273495
>if I only listen to happy, upbeat music, will I feel less depressed over time?
It's more like the opposite
>>
I think it's more likely, yeah
But if you have oppressive outside factors that are making you feel a certain way, listening to music that induces the opposite emotions will not affect you, they can only aide if you change those factors to fit the tone.
>>
>>74273542
>they can only aide if you change those factors to fit the tone

Very insightful, anon. I do notice that I'll listen to a "beautiful" piece of music while depressed and feel a kind of melancholy euphoria, while the same song can make me feel happy and on cloud 9 when I'm already happy or content going into it.
>>
i think it can definitely transform my mood, but it depends on my situation. when im sad i listen to sad music and it comfortably puts me down

however when im happy and listen to happy music i feel like im on xtc
>>
Did listening to trippy Pink Floyd while staring at the sky rolling last during long car rides as a toddler influence my psyche? I'm depressed and legally Asperger.
>>
>>74273495
I think there's a correlation but it goes the opposite way, your outlook on life/happiness level has an effect on the type of music you listen to.
>>
been listening to a lot of happy pop punk lately and i still feel just as bad as usual
>>
>>74274381
it is still punk music, which is made primarily by depressed people
>>
>>74274833
This.
The artist communicates their feelings through music, you need music made by people who are genuinely happy.

Unironically /mu/ needs to listen to more Jamaican music
>>
>>74274833
pop punk isn't punk and punk is made by angry people or fun people
>>
>>74274855
checked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA7yqQfPgWk
>>
Absolutely. I became a huge fuckin' depressed fedora back when I was into death metal and all that.
>>
>>74273495
my therapist told me i have to stop listening to angry or depressing music so i guess thats how it works
>>
I've noticed the opposite lately. The more shitty life is, the more I tend to gravitate toward metal.
>>
I believe so.
Your mindset and outlook is just a habit.
>>
The Foo Fighters always ups my mood, especially when I'm driving around. At the same time I'm not a depressed fag sulking around letting being sad hold me back.
>>
>>74274886
Since i assume everyone here is absolute reggae plebs, start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhH1Lxv-8sA
>>
i hate emo bands that look like they're having a great time and enjoying life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.