[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: a band's biggest contribution to rock music Led Zeppelin:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: LedZeppelin-1975a.jpg (58KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
LedZeppelin-1975a.jpg
58KB, 640x402px
ITT: a band's biggest contribution to rock music

Led Zeppelin: Kashmir for its inclusion of middle eastern themes in rock music
>>
The Velvet Underground: Everything interesting about rock
>>
File: The Beatles.jpg (59KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
The Beatles.jpg
59KB, 500x408px
The Indian influenced use of time signatures, maybe
>>
>>74270016
yeah introducing the sitar to the west alone should get them in the books
>>
>>74269821
>Never heard Miserlou by Dick Dale
>>
The Beatles: Innovative recording techniques and studio experimentation.
>>
>>74271450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU59kIbNMEs
>>
>>74269821
nah Led Zeppelin's biggest contribution was loudness. Blues Rock may have verged on metal before Led Zeppelin, but no one had given it as much bombast and eroded the barriers of noise and composition to the pop masses like they did. Psychedelia aside, Led Zeppelin were not making avant garde noise rock, they were making noisy noise for people to dance to. I think that is a bigger deal than people give credit for.
>>
>>74271563
The doors were playing hard rock in 1964, Jimi hendrix came next with get that feeling in 1967. LZ definitely brought a more metal feel to rock music and brought similar genre bands like ACDC and sabbath to the mainstream.
>>
>>74271704
jimi was using all sorts of distortion and feedback though, he was literally reinventing the guitar. and the doors were doing stuff in the psychedelic vein as well, which is why I was saying psychedelic stuff aside.

LZ were just playing blues standards turned up to 11 in a pop format. using things like tempo, vocal distortion (screeching, screaming, moaning, etc), tension and release, and expansiveness had all been done, and would later be beaten to death by metal bands. But Led Zeppelin perfected it before all of them and couldn't be pegged down to any specific genre while still having a unique sound.

it's not hard to see why they're one of the best bands ever
>>
File: Down In It.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Down In It.webm
1MB, 480x360px
Making Synths cool again after seattle faggots tried to kill them.
>>
File: reznor_vs_keyboard_converted.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
reznor_vs_keyboard_converted.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>74271886
>>
>>74270016
relying on the band members themselves to write music
>>
>>74270001
Lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.