[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Tool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: eye.jpg (94KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
94KB, 500x311px
What do you think of Tool?
>>
>>74269257
p good band
wish they would get back together
>>
>>74269338
Aren't they making a new album now?

...I almost fell for it.
>>
>>74269448
if only
>>
>>74269257
I feel bad when I listen to them
>>
>>74269513
How come?
>>
good band
>>
>>74269257
A band name that describes their fanbase.
>>
I'm learning Prison Sex on guitar right now. Feels good man.
>>
tront could snap maynard "manlet" keenan in half
>>
It bores me. It has no soul.
>>
>>74269257
BEFORE I PINE AWAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
I dont know quite what to feel about them. I really like a lot of their music, but can't stand the vocalist's (maynard?) singing. Just feels a little whiney when its set to this crushing driving psyched up cool shit. I dunno. I guess what I'm saying is I love their instrumentals
>>
>>74269257
I used to love them when I was a crazy druggie, I saw them many times, met and partied with the guy (Alex Grey) who drew all the trippy album art for them. Good times.

I don't listen them much anymore but I still like them and they have a special place in my heart.
>>
>>74269257
Not on spotify so I don't listen.
>>
they recycle their guitar riffs an rely on gimmicks to keep people entertaine
>>
WEAR THE GRUDGE LIKE A CROWN
>>
>>74269830
you just don't know what soul is.
>>
>>74269338
what's sad is that this post is not technically wrong. Maynard seems so honestly disinterested in the new Tool album. And it's taking so long. Probably also the bigger fanboys not helping.
>>
used to like them but now i find their music so cringy.
>>
>>74269830
You're retarded.
>>74272378
How is he in person?
>>
>>74271317
Pretty much this. I'm not wild about the instrumentals either though. They do some really cool things with song structure though and I respect the autistic level of detail they put into things. Maynard's shitty post-grunge sounding vocals ruin it though.
>>
>>74273569
Incredibly cool, chill, interesting, easy to talk to to. After meeting him twice he remembered by face/name which was surprising to me since he sees tons of new faces every party he is at and he is a much more important person than I. Even offered to sponsor my band/help me with this multi-media project my friends and I had thought up.

His wife is shit though, she got mad at me one time for spending too much time talking to him.
>>
>>74273547
Why?
>>
>>74273712
>got mad at me one time for spending too much time talking to him.
women in a nutshell
>>
>>74269257

it doesn't work
>>
>>74269513
>>74273547
>>74274231
nice explaining

the truth is, everyone who hates tool hasnt actually listened to them
>>
>>74269257
Godtier alt-metal
Great lyrics, complex yet accessible music, great aesthetic, wide variety of styles.

Absolute shit-tier fan base though
>>
MY SHADOOW

tools alright. every kitchen staffed with white people listens to tool
>>
It's pretty good
fucking amazing basslines
>>
>>74269707
WOW BITING COMMENTARY
>>
>>74269257
I like Lateralus but I tried Aenima and it didn't really stand out to me, is it worth listening to again/trying other material by them?
Like really Lateralus is a very good album.
>>
>>74274710
if you like lateralus then you'd probably like 10k days
>>
>>74269257
The same as RATM, make a new album or stfu
>>
Æ>L=U>10KD

New album better be god-tier when it drops in 20 years, or I'm gonna be horribly disappointed.
>>
>>74274745
Who cares? Just listen to their old albums. it's not like they magically disappear after 3 listens you numbskull
>>
>>74274710
Yes. AEnima takes longer to click tan 10k days and Lateralus but it clicks hard. Third Eye especially. Some of their best on there.

Hooker with a Penis
46 & 2
Jimmy
Pushit is great until you hear the Salival version. After that there's no going back.
>>
>>74275615
L>AE=10k>U
>>
>>74276010
Maybe I'm biased because Third Eye made me cum (no joke).
>>
>>74276068
I believe you. I once listened to it for 3 hours straight over and over on repeat.

But Lateralus literally changed my life and has brought me to tears.
>>
GOAT desu
>>
>>74271283
Best song desu
>>
>>74277535
The ending makes you feel like you transcended into a new form of being.
>>
>>74276068
Are you the guy that hand-free came to Third Eye while high?
>>
>>74278138
lol what
>>
>>74273497
It's not that he's not interested he doesn't get involved until the instrumentals are done. They send him the finished music he adds the melody and writes the lyrics. He cranks that shit out in no time.

Truth be told, there's been a lot of delays danny tore his acl or some-shit. lawsuit that lasted almost 10 years...etc. adam and the boys are working it out now. I'd expect it spring/fall 2018 at the earliest. They are contractually obligated to another album so sooner-or-later there will be one. Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J68gH5PiSZg
>>
>>74278322
Here's the part that matters that doesn't have over an hour of MMA and wine talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qqMGnxcs4
>>
>>74278138
Oh shit, actually yeah. I didn't think anyone would remember that.
>>
I tell everyone who cares enough to listen, that if they enjoy live music, go see them at least once. It's an experience for sure.
>>
>>74269782
Anything off of Undertow is fucking difficult for me. Let me play literally anything else from any of their albums but as soon as I attempt Intolerance or Crawl Away nope I just suck
>>
>>74273594
The only album(s) I would say have that voice would be on Opiate and Undertow though. Like 10000 Days and Lateralus have softer vocals
>>
>>74278119
Honestly though I love the part just before the ending on Parabola but the only songs that have made me feel hard was 10k Days, Intension, and Disposition
>but I get really pumped on the ending on Lateralus
>>
>>74269257
I enjoy them,the scream on The Grudge makes my hair stand up.
>>
>GIVE ME MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS
What was your reaction when you first listened to it
>immediate chills
>go to look up the lyrics
>have basic understanding of what happened to his mom
>listen again
>hard sinking feeling as I realize what he's saying
>>
>>74279276
Really?? That sounds weird, they're not totally difficult.
Are you using Drop-D tuning?
>>
>>74279436
Yes, except for Prison Sex and Crawl Away. I guess it's just all the weird shit Adam was doing with his guitar.
>>
Boring alt metal band
>>
File: 1467108369870.jpg (244KB, 960x820px) Image search: [Google]
1467108369870.jpg
244KB, 960x820px
>>74278406
>only 2 or 3 songs are done so far
Fucking kill me
>>
>>74269257
Prefer APC
>>
>>74269707
>
THEY ALL HAVE BIG PEEPEEs sad
>>
File: IMG_3560.jpg (43KB, 680x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3560.jpg
43KB, 680x285px
Only 5887 days to go boys.
>>
>>74269257
thought they are edgy and depressing tryhard, but listened to the few podcasts with maynard james keenan on joe rogan and he seems like a chill, fun dude who cares about making wine and jiu jitsu
expected him to be some 2deep4u edgelord
>>
>>74278406
Hm. Spring is also the most popular time to kill yourself.
Maybe cause there's not much going on.
>>
File: IMG_3493.jpg (33KB, 450x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
33KB, 450x228px
>>74281302
>3 days to go
>Album cancelled due to vineyard emergency
>>
really makes me think: the band
>>
I don't know why, but to me this is one of those bands where the label 'pretentious' is actually legit. Probably the reason why I also have a disdain for the word progressive.

Basically the 2deep4you the band.

Someone could ask what's my reasoning for this, well, using weird time signatures and psychedelic music videos do not change the fact that I find the music bland. I don't care about the fact some of their songs has structures which imitate some mathematical formula because for me that means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>74281596
Yea but Tool actually sounds cool, Dream Theatre is more along the lines of what your talking about.
>>
>>74278322
>Truth be told, there's been a lot of delays danny tore his acl or some-shit. lawsuit that lasted almost 10 years...etc.
You mean normal everyday life shit that everyone goes through? Yeah must be real hard to do work when so much normal stuff is happening...
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.