[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Ween-GodWeenSatan.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-GodWeenSatan.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
Discuss.
>>
More like L.M.S.Y.D. lmao
>>
>>74257756
L.M.L.Y. P. is probably third best track on the album in my opinion
>>
>>74257744
LEMME TELL YOU BOUT THAT FUKIN BITCH DEANER
>>
>>74257831
WHY'D YOU KNOW SHE'S A FUCKING BITCH?
>>
Was my favorite album at one point. I liked the energy and youth in it, with the guitar that managed to sound like an angry pack of bees and the mix of styles. Damn good for two drugged-out fucks recording in an apartment.

I feel like there are a lot of songs that are overlooked on this album because of the more memorable ones (and the fact that there are 29 damn tracks.) I really enjoy Mushroom Festival in Hell, Nan, and Hippy Smell, though I don't see much about them.
>>
>>74257744
I prefer The Mollusk.
>>
>>74257926
>Hippy Smell
Hippie Smell, Stacey, and Bumblebee pt. 2 were only put on "the oneness". They weren't on the original, so that might explain why. The songs themselves are hilarious as fuck, though.
>>
>>74257956
You are a massive pleb for holding that opinion.
>>
>>74257988
That's okay. Why do you disagree, friend?
>>
>>74257926
I also very much enjoyed Nan. That voice cracks me up.
>>
>>74257956
Yeah, I did too at one point. It's most probably just because there are more tracks on this album but there are more I keep coming back to.

On The Mollusk I really only find myself coming back to Waving My Dick In The Wind, Buckingham Green, and The Blarney Stone
>>
>>74257744
Favorite ween album. lylyp and Nicole are WAY too long though. I could also do without old queen cole
>>
>>74258042
Interesting. I'd say overall it's a more complete album though.
Listening to it in pieces isn't the same for me as listening to it all. They all compliment each other nicely and I anticipate every track as it goes on.
>>
verging off topic a tad, but im really mixed on the mollusk. i think all the tracks have charm but also i cant help but feel like they're all filler just crammed together under the guise of the seafaring theme
>>
>>74258010
Mostly this: >>74258042. Also I like that it's really loud, so it has become one of my goto albums when I'm feeling depressed, just because it's so consistently loud that my focus is completely drawn to the album and away from my thoughts.
>>
>>74258088
I agree on Nicole and Old Queen Cole, but I thought the length of LMLYP was what made it so much funnier.
>>
>>74258126
I've never thought about it like that, but yeah I guess your kind of right.
>>
>>74258088
I'm sorry but this is one of the worst Ween-related opinions I've ever heard.
>>
Another difference between The Mollusk and this album are that I didn't hate any tracks on this album. Even if they weren't creative, at least they were creative and entertaining.

On The Mollusk I can't stand Polka Dot Tail, it sounds like garbage to me. Golden Eel is also one I just didn't get.
>>
File: neew.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
neew.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
>>74257744
I prefer this desu
>>
Quebec>the mollusk>white pepper>chocolate and cheese>golden country greats>goodweensatan>pure guava>la cucaracha
>>
>>74258311
Hey man, I liked Quebec but I don't know if I'd put it over GodWeenSatan or even The Mollusk in some respects.
>>
Ween is objectively the best rock band in the universe.
>>
>>74258353
they're not a band, they're a duo
>>
>>74258362
>they're a duo
Where have you been for 23 years?
>>
>>74258416
Preparing to celebrate my 24th birthday
>>
>>74258346
its just my opinion. mollusk was hit or miss for me, there are some great songs but a few bad ones that sink the ship. Godweensatan is great but it's definitely a lot less mature than their later albums. Qeubec is the best album because it has some very great songs (transdermal celebration comes to mind) and it's very consistently good, with no bad song on the album.
>>
>>74258486
I agree with you on The Mollusk. I've spent most of this thread explaining why just like you it was hit or miss for me. But I don't see Quebec as really "constantly good".

All the songs just seemed kind of the same, none of them doing anything new or breaking the mold. God Ween Satan did it and even The Mollusk's songs were all, at the very least, discernible from each other.
>>
>>74258311
Gross.
>>
>>74258486
The best songs on Quebec are infinitely better than the rest of the songs on the album. It is not consistent.
>>
>>74258261

Weird. I feel the opposite, I love those tracks on the mollusk and hate some on this one.
>>
>>74258261
I don't understand people that don't like Polka Dot Tail. I just don't understand.
>>
>>74258311
this is p accurate, probably switch white pepper with chocolate and cheese and not leave the pod off (it's better than pure guava)
>>
Birthday Boy is a goat song
>>
General Ween question, is there a better song than Transitions? I don't think so
>>
>>74259748
yeah, and it's called buckingham green
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.