[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ in the future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
40 years from now will /mu/ be associated with today's music the way hippie counter-culture was associated the 60s?

Or will it be more like the way dads are associated with dad rock?
>>
>>74255747
the younger people in 40 years will discuss music through a different medium than 4chan, so yeah anyone who stays here is probably still going to be into shit like death grips and p4k indie, which will be considered cheesy dad music by then
>>
>>74255799
>death grips and p4k indie, which will be considered cheesy dad music by then
This is going to be so fucking surreal when/if it happens, especially with Death Grips.
>>
>>74255834
No more surreal than the weird and subversive Beatles with with their long hair and then being "more popular than Jesus" being dad music nowadays
>>
>>74255863
that's not dad music, though
>>
>>74255747
If /mu/ still exists I suspect that it'll either be exactly the same or so unrecognizable we wouldn't call it /mu/ anymore.
/mu/, for as long as it's existed, has been a product of the early-mid 2000s indie rock scene. That's why most of /mu/core is either mid 2000s indie rock or various 60's and 70's and 80's and 90's albums that in retrospect were very influential on that scene.
As of late some hip hop is being incorporated into /mu/. Obviously Death Grips and Kanye have been popular for a while but as the 2010's hip hop scene ends and the next wave of /mu/tants looks on it with rose colored glasses I'd expect a way bigger invasion.
Following that logic, 40 years from now either /mu/ will latch onto early 2000s "dad rock" or it'll be the result of some completely new cultural music movement in the coming decades that births a new wave of elitism, and the albums that will be remembered are the albums that sound most like that future wave.
>>
>>74255930
its dad music bich cmon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.