[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has depression disappeared from modern music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2624.jpg (13KB, 125x105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2624.jpg
13KB, 125x105px
We're still in a shitty economy, social
isolation is at an all-time high, and it feels like depression/mental illness rates are higher than ever. Yet all popular music out there seems to be happy party music. Hip hop is the most popular genre, while pop has basically been taken over by EDM. Hell, even Linkin Park put out an EDM record. Is there basically anyone putting out depressing music anywhere near the mainstream? What happened?
>>
>>74255528
>feels like depression/mental illness rates are higher than ever

self diagnosed normies making """"""relatable"""""" memes does not count
>>
just cause things sound happy to you doesn't mean they sound happy to everyone else

edm (and i mean the literal term "electronic dance music", not the genre or whatever) started as a way of dealing with the struggles of being a minority, for example

and to answer your question, no, it hasn't. listen to the lyrics of popular music. for example, many have interpreted the lyrics of "heavy" off linkin parks latest "edm" album as very indicative of his suicidal struggles. or "xo tour life", a very popular song rn, with the lyrics "all my friends are dead, push me to the edge" as the hook. etc.

sad music =\= rock music
>>
>>74255528
Mainly because people are stuck coming up with new ways to do depression that don't feel like retreading old ground.
>>
>>74255528
idk man, hip hop has gotten pretty fucking gloomy and pitiful recently
>>
21 pilots are putting out the most melodramatic music of all time
>>
>>74255528
That Lil Uzi Vert song is literally a suicide anthem.
>>
>>74255858
Are they still relevant? Kids seem to only listen to trap recently.
>>
>>74255850
This.
The fuck is OP talking about?
>>
>>74255950
nobody i know listens to trap as much as you think
>>
>>74255837
>edm
>having anything to do with the struggle of minorites

Yeah I'm gonna need to see a citation for that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.