[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only thing that holds this album back from being perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1993.jpg (37KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1993.jpg
37KB, 220x220px
The only thing that holds this album back from being perfect are the politicts.

ITT: albums whose politics are the only thing that hold it from perfection

>not necessarily ruining the album just standing as a hindering to what it could be
>>
>>74255129
all albums have politics involved
>>
File: cover.jpg (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
84KB, 300x300px
>>74255129
>>
politics don't hold an album back unless the political lyrics themselves are bad

and Goo is barely political anyway
>>
>>74255149
Ok.
>>74255204
Goo had a spoken word feminist thing that kinda held a really good song back.
>>
>>74255234
kim gordon brings down every sonic youth album imo.
>>
>>74255234
The Truth Hurts
>>
>>74255204
>"Are you gonna liberate us girls from white male corporate oppression?"
Even to a non-conservative that bit is still cringey as fuck. It sounds almost like a parody of feminism. I even like Kim's vocals for the most part.
>>
>>74255348
What truth?
>>
>>74255361
I agree.
>>
File: _courtney_love_1995.gif (210KB, 268x193px) Image search: [Google]
_courtney_love_1995.gif
210KB, 268x193px
oh look the children are only now discovering 80s/90s alt rock belonged to the original nu-male tumblrinas
>>
>>74255543
I just liked the abrasive guitars and drum beats I thought the vocal work was good I just didn't like the lyrical themes and I felt that if at the least they let the songs be rather than forcing a poorly worded cringy political statement they should have just let the song be.
>>
>>74255129
OH SHIT!

we actually found that faggot who fears a female planet!

i didnt know you really existed.

>>74255313
kim is too free for you bb.
>>
>fucking cool kids and their complex play between authenticity irony and survival
>>
>>74255313
When I think of her songs the word "dreary" comes to mind. Like too angry or dark for me.

I like the songs The Sprawl and one on Murray St. though. Didn't listen to everything yet
>>
>>74256468
A female planet means the end of humanity. Same goes for a male planet it's just a stupid idea.
>>
>>74256696
baka bb
baka

fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>74255129
you have never listened to this album entirely the thing that holds back this album is the song "my friend goo" and kim's incessant spoken words passages throughout songs
>>
>>74255543
>original nu-male tumblrinas
its just a counterculture to the overtly masculine 80s rock that was obnoxious. If anything they were completely justified
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.