[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun LEAK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: hiss spun.jpg (57KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hiss spun.jpg
57KB, 1200x1200px
Y'all got a leak?
>>
>>74254998
*Link fuck
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5r8sxm0ijsa463l/Hiss+Spun_metalarea.org.rar
>>
I really REALLY wanna talk about this thing with people.
>>
>>74254998
her album covers are always so weird
>>
>>74256343
This is kind of strange but her other covers seem to always represent the albums well.
>>
chelsea wolfe is absolute garbage, music for 14-17 year olds
>>
>>74256402
Says the absolute garbage 14-17 year old.
>>
>>74256402
Explain why you feel that way anon.
Please don't act underage, unless you are.
>>
>>74256418
>>74256448
her music is all just basetones and really forced sadlyrics. it comes off as very naive and immature.

that's why Fantano likes it, because it's immediate and doesn't take any fucking consideration.
>>
>>74256485
Thanks for giving us an assertion instead of just insulting the listeners.

I really don't see why you could think this tho... I fond her music to be sad and dark, but there's also a lot of nuance and detail there as well. It always takes me several listens to grasp what she's doing.
>>
>>74256238
I don't, /mu/ is a shitty board and we never have good discussions anymore.
>>
>>74257147
But this is a leak, who the fuck would want to talk about a leak outside mu. Everyone else is like "I love CW, leaks are shit, I'm waiting."
>>
>>74257546
That's pretty much how I feel about this leak, I'll wait till I've heard it in September.
>>
>>74254998
I'm gonna wait till this comes out to listen but can someone who has heard it tell me what you think?

I'm hoping it'll be my aoty because nothing else this year has really blown me away but I loved the singles for this.
>>
>>74257806
This is AOTY fo sho
>>
How's the quality on this leak? Is it the same transcode that was floating around before? I can live with that if it's not shit quality though.
>>
>>74257969
It's actually real good quality
>>
>>74258072
Nice. I'll listen when it finishes downloading. I may even post my track-by-track first take since I have nothing better to do.
>>
Zola Jesus and Chelsea Wolfe are going to destroy us this year
>>
>>74257806
Harsher, angrier, but still the same.
Not sure about aoty, a lot of good albums this year, but it is indeed good as fuck.
Better then the abyss
>>
>>74258334
>Harsher, angrier,

this makes me so happy, the heavy songs from abyss were my fav ones on that album. Iron Moon still blows me away.
>>
File: spun.png (171KB, 584x364px) Image search: [Google]
spun.png
171KB, 584x364px
Here's a spec of the first track for anyone else autistic enough to care. I don't want to wait til September though, so fuck it. Just finished the first track. Chelsea works really well with this noisy, doomy production.
>>
Strain has a dark ambient/industrial feel to it. Pretty nice. I wish it built into The Culling more though. It doesn't feel like it has much of a point with this sequencing.
>>
>>74258571
Nevermind. It makes a lot of sense after hearing the climax in The Culling. Lots of interesting layers going on in this one. I love when her higher vocals come in at the end of the track. They feel just "off" enough to make the track feel kind of uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1501368938580.jpg (165KB, 1200x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1501368938580.jpg
165KB, 1200x1046px
ass of the year
>>
Particle Flux has some cool rhythmic things going on. I'd like to hear a Chelsea Wolfe industrial album now. Twin Fawns is the best track so far btw. It sounds a lot like early Chelsea Wolfe with sudden aggressive jumps into doom metal. The last minute or so of the track is probably the heaviest thing I've heard from her.
>>
Just finished it. Probably her best yet. Scrape is a fantastic closer too.
>>
>>74259080
What did you think of Offering? I'm still partial to Twin Fawn as my favorite, but that song is just a fantastic breather, so that we can get right back to the heaviness with Static Hum. Offering is like a fucked up Lana Del Rey song if Lana knew how to write good music.
>>
>>74259175
Offering is pretty much a dream pop track. I really wasn't expecting that. Probably my fourth favorite track on the album though (after Twin Fawn, Vex, and Scrape). Of course, that's only a first take though. I'm sure it'll shake up after a few listens. Also, I'm surprised at how /shoegazi/ some of the guitar textures on this album get.
>>
>>74257969
Phenomenal
>>
>>74259440
I can attest to this, it's "holy shit" quality actually.
>>
>>74259263
I really enjoyed Offering in contrast to the rest of the album, it sounds like something off of Pain is Beauty.
Good picks also, I would add 16 Psyche and Static Hum to this list for myself.

The opener is also great as usual, though not as strong as previous openers like Carrion Flowers or Feral Love.

Seeing her with Youth Code (check them out if you have not already, great industrial) in October, I couldn't resist the leak.
>>
>>74259630
She puts on a great show. I saw her live in the Pain Is Beauty era. I think Static Hum would be higher on my list if it were earlier in the album. It's really good, but it's also fairly similar to the rest of what the album has to offer.
>>
>>74259726
I can see where you're coming from.
I think the vocal samples and tribal-like drums in the verses do it for me. It looks like all of her setlists from the last tour are very similar, I'm really hoping they will play Halfsleeper. I'll be happy either way though :)
>>
>>74258687
whom's ass is that, chelsea ain't that stacked
>>
>>74260503
That's Chelsea's back.
>>
File: thumbsup.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>74260572
oh shit niceee
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.