[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Listens to The Strokes once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Twin.jpg (41KB, 715x704px) Image search: [Google]
Twin.jpg
41KB, 715x704px
>Listens to The Strokes once
>>
guided by voices too
really i have a hard time finding a more derivative album in the 10s
>>
File: WYmQK6U.png (113KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
WYmQK6U.png
113KB, 500x375px
> Listens to Talking Heads once
>>
Explain to me how this resembles the strokes please I can't see it.
>>
>reads Oscar Wilde once
>>
>>74251455
The singers sound exactly the same
>>
>>74251482
A} not true in the slightest
B} if you think the singer sounding the same means it's derivative of this then you're just a memer and lack any music knowledge.
>>
>>74251548
you must be deaf or just a fanboy
>>
>>74251455
I listened to "Is This It" a bunch of times then I listened to "Twin Fantasy" and I thought they sounded very similar.
>>
>>74251548
>>74251455
They sound EXACTLY the same
>>
>>74251591
>>74251620
If the OP had Teens of Denial in it I'd see the point but the only resemblance I see between the two would be in Is This It's title track where there's a lo-fi tone and the singer is doing the "barely putting effort" aproach to singing but considering they don't have any songs similar to that I'd hardly say that depicts the stroke's sound at all and Will takes that "fuck putting effort to singing" aproach much farther than Casablanca does in that song.
>>
>Wow he's such a ripoff. I mean, it sounds exactly like The Strokes, and Guided by Voices, and uh, Bob Dylan, and uh Leonard Cohen, and well, Sunset Rubdown, maybe some of the Beatles, and a bunch of other artists. He's a total copycat even though he sounds like five hundred different artists with his own unique spin on it making him the main artist in revitalizing the indie genre despite it slowly fading away
>>
>>74251839
Calm down Will

We were only joking
>>
>>74251839
that album sounds like guided by voices, strokes and neutral milk hotel.
accept it.
>>
>listens to disco twice
>>
File: The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png
67KB, 300x300px
>listens to Television once
>>
>>74251463
>sucks dick once
>>
>>74251973
except that album doesn't sound like television
>>
>>74251942
>sounds like 3 completely different and unique bands that are all critically acclaimed

This is a compliment.
>>
>listens to yo la tengo, television, velvet underground, etc. once
>>
seriously why can't I get into talking heads
>>
>>74253014
start with remain in lights
>>
>>74253014
might just not be for you.

but keep trying. if it ever "clicks" with you, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>74252845
dont get your skinny jeans in a twist, will
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.