[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: timbuckleytop2.jpg (335KB, 1395x1395px) Image search: [Google]
timbuckleytop2.jpg
335KB, 1395x1395px
there's literally no reason to listen to music that isn't /mu/core since all the best albums are already there
>>
Brian Wilson is a better artist than Paul McCartney.
>>
I love post-punk, but Joy Division does nothing for me.
>>74244678
Agreed, but George Harrison is better than both.
>>
>>74244657
this is not unpopular opinion, this is 14yo memeing, consider kys
>>
>>74244657
You really think that /mu/-core encompasses all the good music that has ever been made? Holy shit man, it's a good introduction to a lot of genres and scenes but there's a lot of great stuff that isn't there.
>>
>>74244678
john lennon is better than both
>>
>the maybe 100 albums that could be agreed upon as mucore are all of the greatest albums of all time
How many times can you listen to the same albums before wanting something new?
>>
>>74244657
It doesn't even have some of the best bands.
>>
Nevermind is overrated as shit.
>>
Grimes seems like she would be annoying to hang with IRL and only has like 3 good songs.
>>
>>74244657

Sometimes the "best" music isn't what sounds good to you.

You're missing out on probably the best music (to you) you'll ever hear if you don't expand.

It's the law of averages. If enough people agree an album is good, you'll hear about it, but sometimes you're inly one of a few people who absolutely loves an artist or a band. Sometimes you find songwriters who play exactly the type of notes and music that you personally prefer hearing.

Unless you expand beyond what critics and a hivemind tell you, you're not going to find music that is truly your own.
>>
>>74246087

This is like only going to see movies that get 85% or more on Rotten Tomatoes. You're going to miss on the personal gems that you like the most. The ones that touch all your buttons, and maybe not anybody elses.
>>
>>74244678
That's an extremely popular opinion to the point that it is near consensus on /mu/ at least
(not true by the way)
>>
>>74245920
This, worst /mu/core along with American Football
>>
>>74244657
Clearly bait though I like your choice for Tim Buckley pic
>>74244714
George Harrison fags need to die
>>74245920
That's actually pretty popular opinion. Less popular is saying Nevermind is a great album, which it is
>>
What even constitutes /mu/core these days?
>>
Outside of a few songs, New Order is fucking trash and Joy Division was superior in every way.
>>
>>74246341
I listened to substance one day out of curiosity and their songs feel like castrated versions of much better material from other bands of the time.
>>
>>74244657
Grimes is unattractive and probably really annoying too.
>>
>>74247988
Not to mention her music is inconsistent and quirky. Can't even imagine what her audience looks like.
>>
>>74246341
This. New Order aged terribly and the only places that play their music today are gay bars in Los Angeles.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.