[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums whose art is so bad it guarantees you will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (505KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
505KB, 600x587px
ITT: Albums whose art is so bad it guarantees you will never ever listen to it
>>
I would seriously reconsider my dude. A very good record indeed.
>>
>>74243256
Roger Water is the brains trust behind The Wall so that doesn't help.
>>
>>74243262
the wall is good
>>
>>74243271
You're only hurting your case, my friend
>>
>>74243281
I'm not the anon you were replying to
>>
>>74243299
You're only hurting his case, my friend
>>
>>74243304
just because everybody else hates something doesn't mean you have to also, bud
>>
File: bad.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>
>>74243316
The fact that everyone else hates it, given the taste of "everyone else", is almost an endorsement.

Turns out a stopped clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>74243350
I disagree. I don't think it's their best record, but I think it's far from their worst. I think half the hate comes from it being overplayed, and the other half is probably due to the fact that a "rock opera" as a concept is aging pretty rapidly. And I might be biased because I grew up with it playing in the house, but I've listened to it many times in my life at different ages and it's always gives me a new feeling.
>>
>>74243236
Is that a Space Odyssey Reference?
>>
>>74243449
Yep. He mentioned that somewhere.
>>
File: meme.png (182KB, 1112x428px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
182KB, 1112x428px
the best i got is a mix i made
>>
>>74243998
Are you 15?
>>
>>74243397
No the hate comes from it also being dad rock, accessible, and played on classic rock radio along with Styx and Boston.

It's a great album though, the second side is w bit weak compared to the other 3
>>
File: rogerwaters.jpg (171KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
rogerwaters.jpg
171KB, 600x587px
>>74243236
I prefer the alternate album art
>>
>>74243236
>>74244315
How about the reissue art?
>>
>>74243236
>kendrick lamar watching TV
>>
>>74244527
i can see that he was going for a child being brainwashed kind of statement in the reissue but it seems kind of weird changing the monkey from the original when it is so tied into the concept of the album. not op btw, love the album. only waters solo album worth listening to imo.
>>
Any opinions on his new album? I haven't listened to it yet but it's next in line in my 2017 queue.
>>
>>74246347
"Is This the Boredom We Really Want?"

Or maybe "Amusingly Bored to Death". It's as devoid of color and as flat, as an album sleeve suggests. And that's despite the fact, that the geezer really pretends to be somewhat angry - it's his angriest punch since "Animals", which was in fact a masterpiece (and in particular, due to contributing talents of Dave and Rick in their better years).
See, i can tolerate anything: self-indulgence, Marxism, a usage of a word "fucking" every 3 seconds by an old people, and even an odes to Lucifer, if anyone would like to voice them. I only can't tolerate the boring, lazy, generic, non-creative, melodically poor songwriting, when i listen to a song-oriented music album, mind you. And even a dose of very obvious Floydian plagiarism with patented sound effects can't really hide it. It's much poorer musically, than a previous solo attempt from 25 years ago. This time it got no Jeff Beck to reveal a shade of musicality. That's why, for example, on the overlong "Picture That" which is build around "One of These Days" pattern (couldn't he pick something more obscure in PF catalog to plagiarize from?), after a typical Waters' rant, we have just a bunch of empty landscapes instead of some cool guitar, sax or keyboard solo job, or some decent melody over them. Ok, so the orchestral sweeps are sometimes coming quite nice and dramatic, i also think he was a bit too much obsessed with recreating the ambient part of "Dogs" on one spot, a funky rip-of of "Have a Cigar" on track number 9, but that's about it, that's about all the variability here. The rest is the same minimalist Final Cut type of lazyass balladeering, but worse. Close to Radio K.A.O.S impotence.
2/5
>>
>>74246347
I heard it was produced by Godrich so I guess it's worth a listen just for that.
>>
>>74243998
Please leave, even if this isn't your screenshot
>>
>>74246347
I thought it was great.
>>
>>74243339
Holy shit, didn't know other people knew this existed. it has a couple of bangers though. "Must Be the Music" is incredible imo.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.