[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they basically the 1960s equivalent of One Direction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 5324598273045987325.jpg (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5324598273045987325.jpg
183KB, 500x500px
Were they basically the 1960s equivalent of One Direction?
>>
More of a Take That or a Westlife
>>
Anon, that's The Monkees. The Beatles were something else entirely.
>>
>>74232537
Mostly, yeah. in the second half of their career, they did bring a few underground styles to popular music, and did more than write shitty love songs. So they do have a bit of a leg up on one direction in that sense.
>>
>>74232537
No they were good
>>
>>74232537
The Beatles/Justin Bieber
>Musical career began prior to label signing
>Organic rise to fame

Monkees/One Direction
>Band literally formed by the industry
>Made to cash in on success of former
>>
File: 5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
5b6b476a764543c98772690fccab1090.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
>>74232537
>If you like the Beatles, then Louisian-born teen-idol Britney Spears is a milestone in popular music. If you think the Beatles were the biggest rip-off of all times, then... they were the second biggest. The biggest is Britney Spears, a trivial singer and a trivial dancer dancer who has mastered the art of copying the trends, although a product on which the music industry has lavished millions of dollars to create an overnight sensation.
>>
>>74232621
>my names piero and i like to listen to trout mask replica while a young japanese girl sucks my cock
what did he mean by this
>>
>>74232586
They were a band that was promoted as huge popstars with silly love songs, not a band formed to be popstars with silly love songs, big distinction. Also, they weren't idiots, wrote most of their music, and the music was actually decently interesting musically speaking. Nothing mindblowing, but they show refined musicianship for what amounted to a bunch of guys in their early 20s singing songs about love, being head and shoulders musically compared to their contemporaries.
>>
>>74232537
If you were to only look at their early career, then yes, that's a fair statement
>>
>>74234063
Not really, The Beatles spent years playing clubs for like six hours a night every day of the week for years. They weren't assembled and manufactured for stardom from their outset.
>>
File: 23.png (198KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
198KB, 400x400px
>>74232537
>Old K-pop
>Comparable to One Direction
>>
>>74232621
>Britney Spears is a milestone in popular music
>implying she wasn't
>>
>>74234436
You know thats the Beatles right?
>>
>>74235356
No its not, they all look the same you dumbo. Black hair and all.
>>
The Beatles is a typical example of music that was influential, but not worth listening. There are more talented artists and bands that came after. So why care about them?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.