[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never listened to Tyler The Creator much, neither do i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ttc.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ttc.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
I have never listened to Tyler The Creator much, neither do i know a lot about him.

Now that the new album is out and praised a lot, is it worthwile to listen to his whole discography from first to last? If yes or no, why?
>>
>>74232218
he's alright
goblin was his best album
>>
>>74232257
why?
>>
>>74232218
Flower Boy is his only album I can listen to all the way through without skipping a song or two.
>>
>>74232218
No, not worth it. His other music sucks. Flower boy is good though.
>>
>>74232218
the whole OFWGKTA hype was about their potential, not really what they were making at the time, which mostly sucked
>>
Flower Boy is his best album imo. Other than that, Wolf is decent, Bastard has some good tracks here and there, and Goblin hasn't aged all that well
>>
>>74232218
No. Tyler got a lot of hype because of his edgy lyrics that appealed to teenagers (literally). It was more style over substance. It's not really worth checking out unless you just really like Flower Boy and are curious as to what his other work sounds like. The exception to this is Wolf, which is a pretty solid album all around.
>>
Flower Boy > Cherry Bomb > Wolf > Bastard > Goblin
>inb4 contrarian
wolf is still really good but cherry bomb is just slightly betters
>>
>>74232218
Bastard is edgy as fuck but it has a lot of raw emotion. Goblin is an inconsistent Bastard. Its best moments are better but its worst moments are worse. Wolf is his best work prior to the new album. The production is much better than his previous projects but it has too many unnecessary songs. Cherry Bomb had a lot of potential but the mixing was shit and it didn't really go anywhere. Scum Fuck Flower Boy is definitely his best album yet. It's mature, concise, and the beats are constructed better.

>>74232801
I'd listen to this anon. Flower Boy and Wolf are both pretty good albums. The other ones have their moments, but they're only worth a listen if you're curious about his old sound.
>>
>>74232218
Yes. He's a great artist
>>
Listen to Bastard. If you can't take the edge of the first song, skip to WOLF. Once you've done that don't listen to all of Cherry Bomb, just Deathcamp, Pilot, The Brownstains, Smuckers and Okaga, CA. Once that's done listen to the new album.
>>
>>74232218
No.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.