[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think that In Rainbows is their weakest since Pablo Honey.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: nV8FP.jpg (74KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
nV8FP.jpg
74KB, 1440x900px
I think that In Rainbows is their weakest since Pablo Honey. Of course, I do consider myself a Radiohead fan (yeah, yeah, they’re not particularly original, and I hate everything that the ‘90s stood for musically, but they had certain qualities that I found myself deeply drawn to, which I’ll discuss in the following paragraph), so maybe my perspective is a little different. But on the other hand, everybody else seems to love this thing, so maybe I’m just an anomaly.

With In Rainbows, they seem to be attempting a very bare, minimalist musical approach, with a very relaxed and calm atmosphere. But I don’t think that it works. The two things that I always loved most about Radiohead were their sonic instrumental arrangements, and the emotional resonance that they managed to create through an atmosphere of frantic urgency (a la Exit Music for a Film or Idioteque). Of course this album is far too stripped-down and laid-back to accomplish either of these things. They seem to be working under the assumption that the bare melodies are enough to carry the songs, but I just don’t think that any of the melodies are very strong at all. I find this to be a very weak and underwhelming (not to mention disappointing) musical experience. A low 6/10 for me.
>>
File: 1458632631745.jpg (17KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458632631745.jpg
17KB, 512x480px
I hated this album. I think it's their worst, worse than Pablo Honey even! Sure, that album was generic, but then it was also fun in a dumb-rock way. This album isn't fun, isn't funny, isn't sad, it's not very interesting at all. It seems like this entire album was an afterthought, like an "Aww, do we HAVE TO record an album?" The weird way in which it was quickly released gives more credibility to the fact that Radiohead just don't care anymore. And what's really odd is that I agree with all of your other reviews 100% -- but this album is just... ugh. It's odd, too, almost every website on the internet seems to be glowing with appreciation for this work, yet everyone I know in real life was really disappointed with this album. Because do you honestly think you're going to be spinning this one as much as, say, Hail to the Thief or Kid A? I know I won't. Ugh.
>>
It's so average. It's just like they went back and reheated The Bends and Pablo Honey and chucked some of their token "faux avantgarde" (apparently that means "pretending to be avant garde whilst actually playing mellow pop") in there.

Oh, but I agree that Thom Yorke is an ugly piece of moaning crap. Jeezus Christ, who does he think he is; Jesus Christ?
>>
I like Muse too
>>
>>74231846
Fuck off
>>
Bumo
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.