[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate Led Zeppelin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why does /mu/ hate Led Zeppelin?
>>
We don't...?
>>
lets start a new thread guys:

Why is OP insecure of their music tastes that they have to reconfirm it on a forum filled with neckbeards that have nothing better to do with their lives but listen to obscure and wacky music.
>>
Whom?
>>
We actually hate them because of all of their rip offs.
>>
>>74230909
Honestly this. They don't deserve to be compared to most classic rock bands, not even fucking Queen.
>>
>>74230909
>>74230985
>not realizing all the best LZ songs are the folk/prog ones that jimmy actually wrote instead of the shitty blues ones that they stole
>>
I don't, they practically invented heavy metal and wrote way more amazing songs than they "stole." They also changed some of the songs they took so drastically that they could barely be called rip offs
>>
It's more that they're ridiculously overrated elsewhere and they're the archetypal dadrock band (really just trying to be The Who, really) so /mu/'s reaction is to call them shite. They're good, they have good songs. The ones that are pretty mediocre are the ones everyone knows, though.

>>74231044
This, honestly.
>>
>>74230652
Here's a better question, why do you like them? (if your answer has anything to do with thinking you should like them, don't bother replying and ideally kill yourself as well).
>>
>>74231044
You have to understand that stealing music isn't really considered a bad thing, generally, as it happens all the time...what set Zeppelin apart was they got immensely rich off it and people they stole from died penniless and alone. And they fought hard to deny their theft simply so they could make more money when they already had enough. That's where there's hatred. And also, their theft was entirely intentional and commonplace.
>>
>>74231044
This why I dislike their first couple albums. LZIV and Houses of the Holy are great albums though.
>>
>>74231389

I think they're just fun to listen to. Heavy ass drums and guitar, especially for their time.
>>
Now by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."
>>
>>74231598
And nothing of value was lost. Friendly reminder that posting the list of stolen zep songs pasta is no better than "did you know that John Lennon beat his wife?"
>>
>>74231598
Wow a bunch of irrelevant nobody bands who's music would have never heard the day of light if it wasn't for based Led Zeppelin.
>>
>>74231738
This, Led Zep are still remembered today, while those they "stole" from aren't worth piss in a bucket
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.