[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When the fuck is the new Eminem album coming? I searched for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: 1392769092_eminem_18.jpg (18KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1392769092_eminem_18.jpg
18KB, 405x405px
When the fuck is the new Eminem album coming? I searched for leaked 2017 songs and only found remixes.
>>
File: 1497761191603.jpg (133KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497761191603.jpg
133KB, 640x480px
>Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Seventeen
> unironically being excited for a new Eminem album
>>
ITT: Post like it's 1999
>>
>>74230044
Oh no Y2K is about to happen
>>
File: 338257022_11e30b6e04.jpg (38KB, 372x482px) Image search: [Google]
338257022_11e30b6e04.jpg
38KB, 372x482px
im not a huge fan anymore but its crazy how unpopular Eminem is among avid hip hop fans.I think his popularity in the mainstream in the 2000's made a lot of people see him as just another pop rapper, but when going back to listen to his music i realize that he has a lot of really good songs throughout his discography.
also in terms of mainstream hip hop artists he definitely knows more about the genre and has put more work into his music than others. im not trying to say he's some sort of god now but i think his efforts should be noted before he dies
>>
>>74230375
The thing with Eminem is that for the majority of his post ~2003 output he's poured his tremendous amount of talent into really weak ideas. He summed it up best with his own line "This is what happens when the power of rap falls into the wrong hands." I'm fairly certain that if Eminem had better people to quality control his output, or simply had better judgement himself, he'd probably be viewed as one of the greatest of all time. He'd probably have to be black for half of you faggots to admit it, but his ability to tell vivid stories while maintaining lyrical dexterity is bar none. I really don't think that his pop crossover success has too much to do with it. His numerous weak albums (Encore, Relapse, although I love it to death, Recovery and much of MMLP2) really make it hard to confidently say that he is the greatest. I think the only way that he can pull himself back up would be a 2017 release that is at least on par with SSLP.
>>
File: IMG_3514.jpg (89KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3514.jpg
89KB, 500x749px
>Tfw his album is an experimental art rock album about different talkbox frequencies and their effects on time and gravity
>>
>>74230713
good points, but i feel like his verses post 2003 speak more then his projects in their entirety being that they do struggle being consistently good. Also his presence and humor should be noted, even though it changes as he matures over time its never really absent in any of his songs that i can think of.
then again im going off of memory for the most part so i should re-listen
>>
File: qev.jpg (74KB, 550x379px) Image search: [Google]
qev.jpg
74KB, 550x379px
Eminem is white. That's negative street cred in the hip-hop world. The only reason he got so ridiculously successful (most successful musical performer of the 2000s) was through pure talent. Sadly, his glory days are behind him, so he's not a popular artist for kids nowadays to get into.

I watched an Eminem documentary a few weeks ago. He got good the same way Hendrix got good; practice, practice, practice. Hendrix was a kid who spent all day everyday playing guitar and analysing the fret board. Eminem spent all day everyday rapping and finding rhyming patterns and refining his flow. There are videos of Eminem as a 16 year old rap battling. Listen to his opponents and listen to him. They were clearly all influenced by the same source, but Eminem is one level above his competitors because he had a well of ryhming and rhythmic experience to draw from. The key behind any improvisation is having a tool box of things that work and the mental ability to progress them into eachother. Eminem started freestyling "My Name Is" the first day he met Dr. Dre.

When he was growing up, all the good rappers were black. He didn't mimic them verbatim. He took what worked, and improvised it. He made it his own. And now he's probably the best rapper ever.

And to think he was just a minimum wage deadbeat before he narrowly for a record deal.
>>
>>74230713
I'm black, and I think pre-relapse Eminem is the best rap there is. I grew up listening to Encore and the Marshall Matthers LP.
>>
>>74231565
yeah, that's what i meant in my earlier post when i said he's put a lot more work in than others. i think i saw a clip from the documentary you're talking about of dr.Dre saying that when he first met Eminem, he noticed how much knowlege he had of the genre, iv'e also heard Joe budden say the same thing and that Em could go on "all day" about hip hop.
it feels like a majority of rappers (now more than ever) refuse to improve as an artist by learning more or working more at their craft but expect to be considered just as much an artist as those that came before like Jimi Hendrix, Rick james, or stevie wonder. its pretty lame.
and of course that's not to say that good artists don't exist in hip hop, i just feel the standards of musicians in the genre is drastically lowered across the board
>>
>>74230375
I still think he's the best rapper in the world technically. But the beats he picks and melodies he writes are mediocre to bad. So it's fun to listen to his lyrics a few times, but then you can't stand the songs anymore.
>>
File: tumblr_nhia10kfRi1rzligdo1_1280.jpg (75KB, 736x1106px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhia10kfRi1rzligdo1_1280.jpg
75KB, 736x1106px
>>74231992
i know a lot of people write this off as being pretentious for some reason but i think when it comes to the best rapper alive its between Eminem and pic related. Although if when looking at both of their discographies i think DOOM is the better contender.
>>
>>74231565

Eminem has long overcome any stereotypes about white rappers. He has made a name for himself to the point that if you listen to interviews where they ask top black rappers to name their top inspirations, Eminem comes up constantly. I'm not saying that it was never an adversity, Im just saying that it is no longer a factor for Eminem.
>>
File: Eminems-Net-Worth-696x464.jpg (38KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
Eminems-Net-Worth-696x464.jpg
38KB, 696x464px
>>74232351
Then maybe he should stop doing tracks with the likes of Rhianna and Lil'Wayne. Rap God and Bezerk aren't the worst things ever, but I expect more of Em. It simply isn't his best work. People aren't getting into him because that razor sharp edge is gone. He had it when he was younger. He doesn't have it anymore.

Then again, a 40 year old couldn't do the shit he did when he was young. It was raw and over the top.
>>
Agreed
>>
>>74230713
I actually like both Relapse and Recovery. They aren't as good as his earlier albums but I think they're both solid (though they each have a track or two that is abysmal like "Crack a Bottle").
>>
>>74232528
If someone could convince him to focus his effort on a short, cohesive record with 1 producer (like Royce & Premo on PRhyme) I think he could still make something great. Otherwise, I'm not too excited to hear another 80+ minute mixed bag album complete with plenty of generic female pop-singer hooks and arena-rap anthems.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.