[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this album sound so fucking awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: R-489717-1268136694.jpeg.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-489717-1268136694.jpeg.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
Who the fuck produced this?
>>
>>74228433
Depends on whether you're listening to the original version or the Bowie remaster.
>>
unironically nobody
>>
>>74228433
It's punk rock. The production or lack there of is part of the sound.
Also is it just me or does Iggy sound cute on this album? It's the only one I've heard. What else should I hear?
>>
The original album was produced by David Bowie, who only had a day to do it, literally. That's why it sounds awful.
Iggy remixed it in '97 and did a fantastic job, so look for the Iggy remix

>>74228441
>>74228442
>>74228460
I literally feel embarrassed for all of you
>>
>>74228433
It's part of the charm, there are other masters though. Great album that shines through underneath the terrible production.
>>
>>74228433
It sounds awful, on purpose. The experience is suppose to sound like it came from a old broken car stereo blasting at full volume, it doesn't matter how expensive your equipments are, it will always be bad and thats what makes this album such a good listen.
>>
>>74228460
Listen to the Stooges whole discography (start with Funhouse in-particular). Also check out Lust for Life.
>>
>>74228476
this, the Iggy mix is far superior
>>
>>74228476
>Iggy remixed it in '97 and did a fantastic job

Nigger he literally turned to knob and brick-walled the shit out of this album, definitely not what OP is looking for. Of course that's his intention originally.
>>
>>74228503
Far superior as it is how he intended it to be but as what OP wanted, it is not the better deal.
>>
>>74228506
You're a moron. Iggy did WAY more than just make it louder. Bomp! Records released the pre-Bowie mixes as Rough Power, and the Iggy remix is way more like Rough Power than the Bowie mix.
>>
>>74228527
It's much better. The Bowie mix was intended to make it sound weaker so the label would feel comfortable putting it out. You literally have no idea what you're talking about, so please stop.
>>
>>74228534
>>74228551
>spuring BS for the sake of replying

Please read up the history of how the album was made then comment again, no wait don't even bother or would you like a thumbs up?

>>74228551
>make it sound weaker

I'm not sure but I guess english is not your first language or were you trying to say something else?
>>
>listening to punk for the production

You should stick to pop OP
>>
>>74228593
I know how the album was made. I basically just described it. Now you're defensively insulting me because you're butthurt, but you don't know what you're talking about. Keep whining, retard.
>>
>>74228593
lol you dont know what you're talkin bout fuccboi
>>
Too much RAW POWER for u or wha
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.