[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post some everysongsoundsthesame-core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Whatever.jpg (35KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Whatever.jpg
35KB, 620x620px
post some everysongsoundsthesame-core
>>
Anything released by AC/DC, Motorhead...
>>
unknown pleasures
>>
File: 1200x630bb.jpg (52KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bb.jpg
52KB, 630x630px
>>74227458
>>
Any Beach House album
>>
>>74227484
absolutely wrong
>>
all of music
>>
>>74227534
I wish you would
All You Had To Do Was Stay
I know Places
Sound exactly the fucking same
>>
>>74227576
nigga you deaf
>>
>>74227466
this
>>
File: cityclub.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
cityclub.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>74227458
>>
When people say "all the songs sound the same" I automatically assume that they don't listen to music properly, they just have it on in the background whilst they do something else and don't make it the focal point of their attention. It's not always right, sometimes all the songs really do sound the same, but it's a good rule of thumb 95% of the time - if they make this complaint, they are a pleb who hasn't learnt to listen. Seriously, go try it. Play your normie friends a Swans album or Illinois or aphex, first complaint they'll make is "Muh all these songs sound the same". If you thought all the songs on WPSIA were the same, you are one of those plebs who doesn't listen properly.
>>
>>74229260
WPSIA is literally the same indie rock song played 13 times
You really can't compare it to Swans or Aphex
>>
>>74229291
Both you mentioned are shit neetcore
Op is also shit, doesn't hold a light to it's successors
>>
Fight me.
>>
>>74227576
holy shit how wrong can you be
>>
>>74229260
Another big warning sign for me is when someone says that albums were "front-loaded" - sure, the album might have all the good songs on the first half, but it's more likely you tried to listen to the whole thing in one sitting because that's how reddit told you to listen to music and you're child-like attention-span couldn't pay attention for more than 20 minutes.
>>
>>74229317
this is just wrong
>>
>>74229317
this could be said about every death grips album honestly
>>
>>74227458

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

They have two songs:

A) A ballad that sounds like Under the Bridge
B) Annoying funk-rock song where flea slaps the bass a lot and Anthony raps like an idiot.
>>
>>74229322

Yo, this happens, though.

The first half of albums are usually where the good stuff is.

I'd even argue usually song 2 is the best song off any album, on average. That doesn't mean the second half of many albums aren't good, but this definitely happens.
>>
>>74229291
I don't think it sounds that samey, I mean it's not the most diverse album in the world but still. I think american's think it's more samey than it is because his accent is a big part of their experience of the album, and since he sounds the same throughout the whole thing for them it blurs together.

>>74229305
I actually agree with the melon on this, none of their albums after the first one had the same energy, not saying they were at all bad, they just weren't as good. AM was a step forward though, it was like they had come out the other side of losing their spark and were just wallowing in it
>>
File: My_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png (120KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
My_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png
120KB, 300x300px
>>
>>74229444

MBV is the most overrated shoegaze band going. They have a few good songs, the rest are just meandering fuzz.
>>
>>74229403
I think this is generally true if by "best" you mean "catchiest". The front half is normally more catchy and track 2 or 3 is prime position to slide in your lead single - not the first track which would make you look too keen, but early enough that people who only bought the album for the singles don't lose interest. Still, for me at least I think the second half of albums is normally more interesting, and I normally enjoy the second to last track the most.
>>
>>74227458
Every song sounding the same can be confused with albums that stay true to a common theme. Lots of people (including myself) like when an album sounds like a deliberate collection rather than just a random assortment of songs.
>>
>>74229499

No, you're right. I should have clarified a bit.

If the artist you're listening to is an interesting musician, and a good songwriter, than the deeper stuff is near the end.

Most artists aren't this, though. Some artists the last half may as well have been b-sides and buried.
>>
>>74229380
Get a load of this retard
>>
File: 51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg (47KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg
47KB, 500x499px
>>
>>74229739

RHCP is one of the worst bands. Sorry.
>>
>>74229466
whats a good shoegaze band
>>
>>74229739
Pleb spotted
>>
Mac demarco
>>
>>74229881

Well, just keeping with the early 90's bands, both Ride and Slowdive are miles better than MBV.
>>
is this a Ramones thread?
>>
Carrie and Lowell
>>
>>74229403
>song 2 is the best song off any album

woooooohoooooooooooo
>>
cardiacs
>>
>>74229905
Wow, you're an idiot.
>>
>>74230218

Good retort. All tired from convincing yourself MBV makes enjoyable and interesting music?
>>
>>74229953
t. only listened to three ramones songs
>>
Every Tool song on every Tool album
>>
both foster the people albums
>>
>>74227458
king gizzard
>>
>>74230005
well when making a song dedicated to your mother's death, every song happens to sound all sad no?
>>
mac demarco
>>
>>74230142
You cannot write off the entirety of Cardiacs discography as "everysongsoundsthesamecore", you CANNOT.
>>
>Makes thousands of songs
>about 15 of them are excellent
>The rest are all boring because he doesn't want to make anything "too mainstream"
>good = mainstream apparently.
>>
>>74231181
Youd think he would have cracked the formula by now.
>Unintelligible melodic singing
>Recognisable words towards middle of song
>Melancholic vibe
>Not full blown dubstep, not full blown music
>Music video
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.