[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a favourite album, song or band is a plebian thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (762KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
762KB, 600x600px
Having a favourite album, song or band is a plebian thing
>>
File: cooltiger.jpg (38KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
cooltiger.jpg
38KB, 500x334px
That's a hot opinion to have.

Do you have any arguments to support this?
>>
>>74226999
Not op but going to answer for him. The thing is with having a favourite album, song or band is that it seems almost like it gives the whole search for music bounded to an endpoint. If you claim to have found a favourite thing you have basically assumed that music you find in the future likely wont match your current favourite, leaving you in a dead end.

But naturally you will find a favourite , but that doesnt mean its ok to settle for shit. If any of us had said "My favourite song is [song in the top 40's]" we probably wouldnt be finding any good music at all, so dont stop searching because there is always more music to find.
>>
>>74227124
>you have basically assumed that music you find in the future likely wont match your current favourite

That's a very strange thing to assume. Usually a "favorite thing" automatically implies a current thing/state. People change and so do their preferences. It's completely normal and should be basic understanding.

Of course nobody can force you to settle for a favorite (I have a hard time to do it myself), but claiming that it somehow makes you superior seems silly. Especially if your arguments for it are just baseless assumptions.
>>
>>74227473
Yeah I guess you're right. Its just my opinion, i don't like to keep favourites because of what has happened to me when ive done so. The thing is when I used to pick favourites, I'd soon get bored of them. But that may not be the case for others i suppose - like you said yourself tastes can change.

So I dont think its a plebeian thing necessarily but can lead to plebeian tendencies if you are not open minded to unfound music.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.