[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do 60s albums have such painful fucking treble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 60s.png (19KB, 457x230px) Image search: [Google]
60s.png
19KB, 457x230px
They are so fucking bright
>>
Get better headphones dipshit
>>
>>74226531
Im using HD600s though...
>>
listen to stuff other than bass heavy dubstep so you don't have this reaction
>>
>>74226548
maybe the earpads are ruined?
>>
partially the nature of the equipment they were using and the fact they weren't trying to push bass.
>>
Why do 60s and early 70s songs always sounds airy? Is it just the recording and mixing techniques that were popular at the time?
>>
Try listening to it on a device from the same period.... music is designed around the hardware that they intend to play it on.
>>
Why did the mid-60s have worse production than the early and late 60s? Barring a few exceptions like Pet Sounds of course.
>>
>>74227119
This.
It wasn't mastered for the sibwoofers in your car, it was mastered for the shitty radio speakers at the time
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcCZVzKXR-0

i always loved the production on scott 4
>>
>>74226526

they mixed down the bass so it wouldnt make the needles jump off the records
>>
>>74227187
wtf sounds like a red house painters song
>>
>>74227192
But why out of all decades 60s music is so bright sounding?
>>
>>74227201
Name five records that came out before the 60s
>>
>>74227222
Heres Little Richard
Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs
Berry Is On Top
Chirping Crickets
Kind Of Blue
>>
>>74227193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpDxT2q9QE

I love both
>>
Probably ripped from early 80/90s CDs where they used pre-emphasis, and since PC players and ripping programs don't detect those, the end result is a tinny sound
>>
>>74227222
bad trips >:(
>>
>>74226976
Because they aren't compressed to death so there's actual space and presence in the recording.
Overall I'd say the bulk of the reason why really old (pre-70s) records are EQ'd the way they were is to match the consumer equipment at the time.
You want to hear a good 60s recording under best possible circumstances, listen to Bob Ludwig's new mono remaster of the Stones' Their Satanic Majesties Request. Crystal clear, tons of bass with none of the distortion associated with hot mono mixes, probably because it was a master without any old vinyl mastering moves and the tape hadn't been touched in 50 years as that (superior) mix had never been previously reissued.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.