[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Cure or The Smiths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

The Cure or The Smiths?
>>
it's a toss up really, the cure = robert smith, while the smiths ended as a band, morrissey more or less continued that sound as a solo artist so both have comparable discographies.

i think a more interesting question is who has the better live act right now.

the cure as a band sounds pretty good, but vocally, robert is a lazy singer. he always does that pitching down or up at the end of long lines in verses/chorus' that makes it sound like he can't sustain notes (probably true some extent, but mostly laziness) while on the other hand morrissey's voice has aged appropriately given his physique but his live band is not very good, well, not very good at playing smiths songs, but i guess that's intentional since morrissey has never wanted to recreate the smiths, at least not exactly as they were.
>>
The Cure
>>
Whichever one doesn't have Morrissey wins
>>
the choa
>>
They're both awesome, but I think the smiths edges out the cure in terms of who I listen to more. They both have about the same amount of albums I really love listening to, and it's paying a high complement to the cure to be just barely edged out by the smiths. I adore the smiths. Fuck, terrible adolescent memories of how cringy I was and still am are flooding my head, fuuuuuuuuck. Go away go away go away go away go away go away
>>
>>74224156
Fuck off.
>>
>>74224156
this desu
>>
>>74224159
Reported
>>
here's a tougher question: the cure or the smiths if morrisey wasn't a faggot
>>
>>74223903
the cure
>>
>>74224705
still the cure tho
>>
>>74223903
the smiths are more consistent but the cure has higher highs
its a hard pick, but i listen ot the cure more often these days so i'd go with them
>>
The Cure
The Smiths have only one good album
>>
the cure have more good albums, but the smiths' good albums are better and better enough for them to be the better band
>>
>>74223903
The Smiths pander to me much more.
>>
>>74225584
This for me, too.
>>
>>74224156
This. Morrissey insulted both The Chosen and immigrants. He deserves death.
>>
The Cure.
Morrisey is a whiny little faggot, and, surprisingly enough, a Tory at that!

>Ooh! Look at me!
>I'm Gay
>I'm a vegan
>I can't keep a boyfriend
>I'm a racist Tory consrvative

Enough with this whiney ponce already. NOBODY CARES!

The early Smiths had a few good power pop songs but, let's face it, they could never write a song like Killing an Arab, which, contrary to popular belief is NOT racist or advocates killing Arabs or anybody from The Middle East, but is based on the short story The Stranger by Albert Camus.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.