[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 years from now, when kids only listen to music made in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: e2a5f22f4008410f58dac96bc8c5971d.jpg (466KB, 1112x1033px) Image search: [Google]
e2a5f22f4008410f58dac96bc8c5971d.jpg
466KB, 1112x1033px
20 years from now, when kids only listen to music made in the next 20 years, how shit will their taste be
>>
>>74221021
shitposting is the future anon
>>
>Top 40? Please. I listen to real music like Grimes, Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Run The Jewels, J Cole, Oneohtrix Point Never (look him up lol), Swans, Tame Impala and Tyler the Creator. Music today is so shitty.

It will be a truly horrible time to be alive.
>>
>>74221548
I dont think today's music will be listened to the same way 1960s and 1990s music is
>>
^ case in point
>>
how the hell should i know
>>
>>74221584
There will absolutely be a few wrong generation fags jerking off memerap in at least 20 years. Maybe not those artists but it will 100% happen.
>>
>>74221632
>>74221595
People will still listen to the stuff today, but I don't think every kid will know Kendrick Lamar's name like everyone knows the Beatles
At least I hope they know the beatles...
>>
>>74221671
On the level of The Beatles? Probably not, but only because they were able to establish a viral marketing machine and commercial success early enough in the history of popular music to really define it. I'm thinking in terms of how today's Urban Outfitters crowd is picking up brand new LPs of Joy Division, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, but also NWA, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Public Enemy.

Whether or not the general populace will consider something to be "classic" from the 2010s, it's hard to say. And you've probably got a point that nothing from this decade will hold to compare to what's already become a household name from the 1960s.

That being said I probably would put my money on Kendrick or Kanye if I had to choose.
>>
>>74221750
From the list >>74221548 gave... I think only Kanye is a definite. Kendrick probably and the rest I sorta doubt. Think of all the super popular pop songs from the late 80s through the Mariah Carey era, most of them have already been forgotten. Also I don't think we will have 94.9 Classic 2000's pop songs, like we do classic rock. People in this thread seem to think that there isn't a legitimate reason why those old songs are still famous, other than they were once famous. Perhaps those songs were actually better. Think people will watch Marvel movies in 2 decades? No.. think they will watch the original Star Wars movies? Yea
>>
>>74221864
>Think people will watch Marvel movies in 2 decades? No.. think they will watch the original Star Wars movies? Yea

That's because there's no such thing as authenticity in popular culture anymore. Everything is focus-tested nowadays, far more so than in the past. Popular music is literally mostly produced by computer algorithms nowadays to sell as many copies as possible based on consumer trends. The result is that everything has been reduced to bland, inoffensive capitalist paste.
>>
>>74222284
klf did it
klf did it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.