[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hendrix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: hendrix.jpg (202KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
hendrix.jpg
202KB, 940x626px
Does anyone have recommendations for specifically the most avant-garde end of Jimi Hendrix's work? I want his most fucked up and on-another-planet material.
>>
yeah I would like a Hendrix flowchart too
>>
>>74220694
If not a flowchart then just a rec on some of his weirder shit, but a flowchart would be great also.
>>
>>74220566

He never really delivered any stuff like that. There are a few tracks throughout his studio albums like third planet from the sun but you're best bet is to look to his live albums. Band Of Gypsy's is a good start. It's a shame because apparently Miles Davis' wanted to record an album with him but he died. I'm sure it was Bitches' Brew. He did jam with him two times though. It wasn't recorded
>>
File: 1398788909Adi_Pharrell.jpg (319KB, 1152x691px) Image search: [Google]
1398788909Adi_Pharrell.jpg
319KB, 1152x691px
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_pjr091r9/
>>
>>74220566
I can't find it anywhere on youtube anymore, but the version of I Don't Live Today from the Kiss the Sky compilation has a middle section where Redding and Mitchell lay out and Hendrix goes into one of his patented guitar noise barrages and makes the Woodstock Star Spangled Banner seem normal sounding by comparison.
>>
>>74221012
Yessss I love that shit. If I could have an album of just him fucking with his guitar live I'd be so happy.

Downloading that and Band of Gypsy's right now.
>>
>>74220566
He never made anything like that sorry anon
>>
3rd Stone From The Sun and Back At The House which is really Dave Brubeck's Blue Rondo A La Turk with a different title.
>>
>>74220566
let me check my hard drive...
>>
File: Earth Pentastar big.JPG.jpg (1MB, 2751x2712px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Pentastar big.JPG.jpg
1MB, 2751x2712px
Try this. It even has a kickass cover of Peace In Mississippi.
>>
>>74220566
>>74221366
was trying to remember how the files were organized....theres a show in 69, they do two sets, ones a little faster than the other

you cn find high quality files of the songs out there

meantime - fuck me - theres video two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1qCAPJJPE
>>
>>74220566

machine gun makes me want to jerk off
>>
Definitely early/live Ween.
>>
>>74221638
existing makes me want to jerk off

>>74221651
disgusting.
please go.
>>
>>74221105
Obligatory Hendrix guitar sound warp intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqYh-7WZ1Ro
>>
>>74221619
bumping to share this
>>
I once spent months trying to learn his intro to Killing Floor from the Monterey Fest. Not even lose.
>>
>>74220694
>>74220700
It's literally just albums 1-3 -> Band of Gypsys -> First Rays of the New Rising Sun -> fish around the live albums, the best ones being Live at the Fillmore East and Live at Monterey.
>>
>>74222490
IIRC a flexi years ago in Guitar Player magazine of a live Red House and in the sheet provided with it there were parts that were actually called "Good Luck" parts.

The writer called the version "unspeakingly difficult"
>>
>>74221638
machine makes me feel like i was abducted by aliens
>>
>>74222946
This.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.