[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bands that will always have a special place in your heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2313.jpg (918KB, 3000x1989px)
IMG_2313.jpg
918KB, 3000x1989px
I'm really feeling them tonight *cries*
>>
>>74218180
Billie was cute with hair
>>
>>74218180
SP were hailed as the greatest band of the 90s toward the end of the decade.

i never understand what triggered nirvana to take there place.

i was there as a teenager in the 90s and i can say that billie, james, d'arcy, and jimmy shaped my worldview.
>>
>>74218354
I was not but man does their music touch me.

~Graceful swans of never~ :(
>>
>>74218207
shut up! mr worldwide is still a cute!
>>
>>74218425
they made it COOL to be an outsider, a stoner, a freak, a geek. that's what i loved about them and other SP fans in the 90s.

the 1979 video

https://youtu.be/4aeETEoNfOg

i lived this. this was a typical friday night after a boring shitty day at middle school/high school. i always come back to this video because it sums up what life was like in the 90s. this to me is the most important document of the decade. nothing else can compare (at least for me, i'm open to other suggestions).

watch the 1979 video and the chemical brothers setting sun video. the 1979 video sums up my life in 1995-1996 and the setting sun video is 1997-1999 right before graduation.
>>
>>74218354
For one thing they didn't end explosively like Nirvana, they just petered out and for a number of reasons Billy became somewhat of a figure of ridicule.
>>
>>74218581
explain how they "petered" out? because i don't remember it that way. they were always on the verge of collapse. it was well documented going back to the siamese dream period that they all mostly hated each other - that is what made them interesting. i remember after the made ava adore and the machina album they called it quits. they ended (for me) officially in 2000 (the perfect time since they were band of the 1990s - they were there at every major zeitgeist shift). billy released that zwan album which was amazing. iha joined perfect circle.

the new SP that billy revived is a joke. i do agree that he ruined the legend of the band by keeping the SP name going in the 2000s. but he was such a large part of my formative years i can forgive him for that and all the stupid things he's done and said since.
>>
>>74218512
Fuck man I just did! Fuck fuck fuck what the fuck what the fuck. I missed out. and no I'm not born in the wrong generation fag before anyone tries that one. But what the actual fuck. Why me.
>>
File: ma bois.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ma bois.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>74218818
dude were you there when they fired jimmy for abusing drugs? do you remember when the band nearly broke up during the making of mellon collie and infinite sadness.

i remember right before i went out to the roller rink with my friends to look for girls and smoke pot i couldn't get the mtv news clip out of my head about the struggles the band was going through to complete the album. i was like, fuck my favorite band is about to break up.

i was deeply hurt when i watched that and couldn't concentrate and was withdrawn that whole night.

i didn't give a fuck when kurt cobain died. i'm being openly honest with you. it was said that he killed himself. but so did shannon hoon, the lead singer of blind melon. to me kurt and shannon's death were like the same thing. they offed themselves but there music had no impact on me.

i moved on, dave moved on (i became a huge foo fighters fan in high school, almost forgot dave was the drummer in nirvana). completely forgot about nirvana post 1994. the rest of the decade was SP, raves, discovering idm, the crystal method. THAT was the 90s. not nirvana. nirvana wasn't the 90s to the teens who grew up in it.
>>
>>74218927
>27
>what the nineties to me was what the nineties were for everyone
>>
>>74218658
well of course their union were always cantankerous but i say petered out because to me that's how their discography sounds going down slowly after siamese, like running out of inspiration, like the very concept running out of fuel, too many new coats of paint covering up. i do love their first three albums. and i don't think nu SP drags that down at all but yeah it's a joke
>another asian guitarist
>another female bassist
nice billy, just pulling the ole switcheroo huh?
>>
>>74218927
well
all i can say is that you are most certainly not from anywhere near the pacific northwest
>>
>>74218512

I remember seeing this and spacehog's in the meantime on mtv everyday when I got home from school in 1995. class of '99 here
>>
>>74219563

class of 2000 here.

SP were always a band on the edge. they weren't a grunge band, even though they got lumped into that hole thing. like radiohead, when i got into them around 1994 or 1995 whenever the bends came out, they weren't britpop. they were something unique and different. SP had that in spades.

my favorite grunge band, honestly? the gin blossoms. that song they made for the empire records soundtrack is what i like to remember grunge as being. grunge was pearl jam, i hated pearl jam. the only song i liked from them was even flow. i don't have any real memories of getting into nirvana. none of my friends were into them and i had no opinion of them. now they are this revolutionary band that defined the 90s. since when? who came out with that? i remember reading in my local paper in 1999 about the most influential artist of the 90s. you know who got picked? BECK. nirvana was never mentioned.

anyway apologize for the ramblings, at a loud ass metal show across from my place. the band just stopped playing and my joints need to settle.
>>
>>74219691
not OP, sorry for that.
>>
File: Eleven.jpg (560KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
Eleven.jpg
560KB, 1024x780px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63aC_0Uy_w
>>
i have hair exactly the same as billy corgan's in this pic. should i cut it or is it ok?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.