[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Grips Discography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: deathgrips.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
deathgrips.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
So yesterday I listened to the entire Death Grips Discography and heard most of their music for the first time. How is this as good as it is? It it the jarring effects of a lot of the vocals and the music itself? This shit blew me away honestly. It makes me want to make music in a similar vein.
>>
>>74214664
Forgot the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0UeZ31x-uI&t=3213s
>>
We're in a post Goverment Plates Death Grips world so they are currently taking a brating on the chans.
>>
>>74214664
Now have fun with the withdrawals. There is nothing else like them.
I have over 200+k listens for each song, I can't get enough of the sound. The lyrics speak to me, I can relate to how ride feels so fucking much it hurts
>>
Waiting impatiently for the new album
>>
>>74215023
They need to drop it already, Steroids was fucking lit as fuck.
I just hope their new album isn't as structured or tame as Steroids is, and more chaotic like GP and NLDW
>>
>>74214989
There is other stuff like them...
Have you never heard Dalek? They have been around for longer and are better.
As good as DG is, it's a sort of Beatles type thing where it takes experimental ideas that exist in the underground and popularizes/polishes them.
>>
>>74215182
I doubt Dalek can stratch his itch
Dalek is more shoegazey and abstract and they aren't that aggressive
>>
>>74215182
There is? I don't listen to a lot of music, I have been listening to the same 30 albums for the past 5 years, sometimes I cut some out for new ones, but mostly they've stayed the same.
DG scratches a very specific itch, mostly how I feel about life and what I've felt in my life. Stefan echoes my mind, it's weird.
>>
>>74214989
Check out atari teenage riot, blackie, and blackhandpath
>>
File: 1496694626437.jpg (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496694626437.jpg
126KB, 1000x1000px
>>74215182
>Dalek did it first!
Meanwhile Dalek sounds nothing like Death Grips. When will this meme end?
>>
Death Grips blew me away at first, but the feeling wore off after like a year and now I'm just kind of indifferent to their music.
It sucks too, because it sounded so good when I first heard it.
>>
>>74215253
Yeah I feel you, I love DG and have listened to their stuff a lot. Seeing them live soon. They are very unique, stylistically and in tone, but a lot of the stuff they do in terms of actual instrumentation and sound can be traced back to some other projects (Dalek was around at least a good decade or so before them and Clipping., though it started around the same time as DG, has a familiar abrasiveness to Exmilitary; this isn't mentioning artists in other genres, of course).
What they have done is excellent, but if you start digging you will find things similar.
>>
>>74215325
Dalek is industrial hip hop with a spiritual, aggressive tone and an abrasive sound. It's fairly comparable.
>>
>>74215334
if you listen to them enough you end up noticing how each of their songs follow a pattern and how they're just derivatives of past songs they've done
for example, the openers that DG put out typically have droning beats with repeated lyrics like "my whole fucking life" or "I break mirrors with my face in the united states"
It just feels like they're constantly reworking their structure and polishing their production, but I probably listened to them too much so
>>
>>74215392
They're not industrial at all, though. Avant, yes, but they have none of the trappings of industrial. They have more in common with Linkin Park than Skinny Puppy.
>>
>>74215357
Man the only time I had the opportunity to see them at a concert, I couldn't make it. I bought the tickets and everything. Fuck man, I hope they have another tour soon, I really want to see them and possibly just say hi to Stefan. I just want him to know how much I love his music, and I'm sure he doesn't care, but I just want him to know. His music makes me feel like there's someone out there I can relate to, in a world where I can't relate to anything
I'll check out dalek, not sure if I'll like it to be honest. I'm not really a fan of rap, but DG is just something else for me. Never felt this way about anything else in my life.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.