[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

linkin park and slipknot of our generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1501232830595.jpg (117KB, 648x664px) Image search: [Google]
1501232830595.jpg
117KB, 648x664px
linkin park and slipknot of our generation
>>
I will point anyone who asks how /mu/ stays fresh and original right to this thread.
>>
if you legitimately think that there are kids in middle schools across the nation wearing Death Grips shirts then you are delusional
>>
File: 0.png (257KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
257KB, 500x360px
>>74209438
Death Grips are actually quite popular, but not as well-known as Slipknot, of course. And it's not due to any quality of their music. It's just because they don't get much promotion since 2012. But even with the lack of promotion they managed to become one of the most popular thing to come out from underground music scene this decade. Now imagine how popular they could be now if they didn't drop from Epic Records.
>>
>>74209720
things*
>>
>>74209411
Nah. Death Grips will be held to the standards of David Bowie/Pink Floyd in 20 years. They aren't too popular right now but people will look back on them and realize the genius in their music, which will make them way more popular.
>>
>>74210928
How sheltered are you? Everyone with an anime avatar on Twitter listens to Death Grips.
>>
>>74210960
Sure, but they haven't hit mainstream yet. I'm saying you'll probably see some unauthorized Death Grips merch sold at Target in about 20 years because teenyboppers will catch on to the music trend of "hey listen to this band that was good 20 years ago but normies didn't give a fuck about them until now"
>>
We need a Deftones now.
>>
>>74209411
If you think those are the modern equivalents of Linkin Park and Slipknot, then you're saying music is improving.
>>
>>74211136
Not OP but they're right

music is so much fucking better now than it was in the 2000s
>>
>>74211403
Maybe you have to be 19 at the oldest to think that. The 00s were the greatest decade since the 80s.
>>
Death Grips music is about occult esoteric shit and some guy acting like he's living through Robocop. Only a surface scratcher would listen to Death Grips and beieve it's some depressive cutter emo music
>>
>>74211578
Are you saying Slipknot is emo?
>>
>>74211500
Nigga shut the fuck. The 00s were boring as shit and mainstream music was way more retarded. Only a dork would believe that beige ass decade wad good.
>>
>>74211596
yes I am, faggot. I don't wanna hear an explanation of your favorite little homo trash band either.
>>
>>74211624
Ok, cunt. I'll let you be retarded.
>>
>>74210928
>Death Grips will be held to the standards of David Bowie/Pink Floyd in 20 years.
Nah, even indie bands like Husker Du and The Whipers aren't held in that regard.

DG is at best, a product of the web 2.0 subculture.
>>
>>74211624
Give Iowa a listen, then give me an example from another artist of which you believe also falls into the category of emo which sounds like that album.
>>
>>74210928
not sure if trolling
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.