[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Grateful_Dead.png (747KB, 1069x561px) Image search: [Google]
Grateful_Dead.png
747KB, 1069x561px
>>
> literally who the hell
>>
File: E Street.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
E Street.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>74207930
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
>>
>>74207930
CSNY with Dallas Taylor and Greg Reeves
>>
>>74207930
There is no better band.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ss-i2VgcPw
>>
>viola lee blues
>dark star
>the eleven
>nobody's spoonful
>alligator/caution
Plus about a hundred or so songs more suited toward normies/easy listening, and even those often get instrumental improv during live performances. Honestly, I can't think of a better, more well-rounded musical improv group within the rock and roll genre. They essentially created a gold standard for jam bands, and there hasn't been anything since which touches on their musicianship while still maintaining mainstream popularity (although there are plenty of extremely talented jam bands these days, they don't have nearly the same widespread influence/following). The dead pretty much nailed it in every capacity.
>>
File: ABBFillmore_East_Cover_1000.jpg (494KB, 1008x996px) Image search: [Google]
ABBFillmore_East_Cover_1000.jpg
494KB, 1008x996px
>>74207930

easy-

Look at them laugh at your insinuation
>>
File: allmanbrothersbandhero.jpg (72KB, 625x700px) Image search: [Google]
allmanbrothersbandhero.jpg
72KB, 625x700px
>>74208753
>I can't think of a better, more well-rounded musical improv group within the rock and roll genre.

then you are not thinking very hard.

the ABB were by far better musicians with a wider diversity of musical sound scapes...they simply blew the Dead out of the water.

This one song alone is light years ahead of anything the Dead did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuNz2idDtY
>>
>>74209106
I love the allman brothers! But while they made better rock/blues, they did not experiment with soundscapes, feedback, and didn't go to as "dark" territory as the dead
Mountain jam is an excellent example of their improv ability, but honestly, there's very little in rock and roll that can compete with the glory that is Dark Star
>>
>>74209106
Allman's would disagree with you, they were big fans of The Dead.
>>
>>74209250

They were fans and friends but that doesnt mean the ABB thought the Dead were better...faulty logic. By all accounts even the Duane-less ABB blew the Dead off the stage at Watkins Glen.
>>
File: G&D.jpg (384KB, 2048x958px) Image search: [Google]
G&D.jpg
384KB, 2048x958px
>>74209188
>they did not experiment with soundscapes, feedback,

what? apparently you havent actually listened to any of their shows.

Not dark? Cuz being tied to the fucking whipping post is light and cheery..

From Rock to Blues to Jazz to Country to Soul the ABB were much more musically skilled and diverse.

Even 40yrs later they were fucking ripping new assholes into plebs

Not dark LOL. (as if that is somehow indicative of brilliance?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
>>
>>74209106
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EufT25eJuY4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xic-CHInek
In terms of blues rock, yes the allman brothers were light years ahead. Hell, I'll even say that ABB had far better guitarists, even without including Duane, and some of the bassists they had were similarly incredible and probably outplayed Phil Lesh in terms of sheer technical ability.
HOWEVER, the dead had an excellent mastery of classical techniques, Phil Lesh in particular being a master of counterpoint, and jerry was a skilled guitarist and arguably had a wider vocal range and affect than Gregg ever did, even before his worst periods of alcoholism. The Dead explored more unique sonic territory than ABB ever did, so in terms of musical experimentation, the Dead far exceeded ABB. Each band definitely has it's merits against the other, however I believe that the Dead had a wider musical/genre reach than the allman brothers.
>>
>>74209394
>the Dead far exceeded ABB.

LOL. no.
>>
>>74208929
>Look at them laugh at your insinuation

kek
>>
>>74209420
>quoted text
Interjection. Imperative statement.

[argument not found]
>>
>>74209870

>>>74209870

The Dead were objectively far inferior to The Allman Brothers Band. Only plebs suggest otherwise.
>>
>>74209106
>This one song alone is light years ahead of anything the Dead did.

this. all day. every day. Mt. Jam is pure musical brilliance.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.