[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like American or British punk better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0174.jpg (138KB, 494x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
138KB, 494x500px
Do you like American or British punk better?
>>
>>74201241

UK, obviously.
>>
American punk; it had more satire in it since the beginning and honestly I'm a big fan of satirical lyrics. UK punk tended to be mostly angry and political, US punk was snarkier.
>>
British punk never has been and never will be good.
>>
>>74201241
American punk has better songwriting but British punk has better style.
>>
American punk. UK punk is a bunch of liberal nonsense. They cared more about fashion and politics than they did about music.
>>
>>74201241
there wasn't much of a difference in the beginning. only around 1980 did americans drift towards hardcore while britbongs embraced weirdo electronics and dub influence
>>
Well, Misfits (with Danzig obviously) are my favorite punk band so America. The UK had post-punk and goth, which I love, but if we're taking about straight up first wave punk, America wins.
>>
I hate all U.K. punk but Adicts and love all US punk but Dead Kennedys. Funny how that works huh?
>>
>>74201241
Most punk releases out there are bad and there are more good albums from America than the UK
>>
>>74201348
Dead Kennedys fucking suck. Jello is the most pretentious asshole in punk music.
>>
American punk feels more sincere and emotional, which I prefer
>>
I'd have to say the U.s simply because of the amount of bands/adaptivity. That being said, it doesn't really matter, especially in this genre.

fuggit
>>
>>74201241
I only like the Sex Pistols; all other punk is shitty bandwagoners and confused manchildren.
>>
>>74202167

pls go to bed. it's late.
>>
>>74201241
American punk is more legitimate period. UK punk seems so fake. It's all an act to them. It always was.
>>
>>74201241
British punk is cuck shit, exept for Oi! bands

US punk is much more solid and aggressive
>>
Yeah American punk is where it's at
British punk is so tame the only worthy band of being called punk would be The Fall, which by definition it is not
>>
>>74202180
I just woke up there's an entire day of eduposting ahead
>>
>>74203133
I only like the Stooges; all other punk is shitty bandwagoners and confused manchildren.
>>
>>74201241
American punk is so much better than UK punk.
>>
>>74201241
Neither. Punk is garbage.
>>
America punk was way more fun and didn't focus nearly as much on politics and fashion as UK punk did so US wins for me,though the UK post -punk scene was better
>>
Are sex pistols considered punk? Because I fuckin hate them
>>
>>74201241
I see there's a lot of americans in this thread who hate british people

I can't blame you because your only reference point is piers morgan, gordon ramsay and simon cowell

But if you're thinking 'freakin limeys think there so fancy' thats cuz you saw something on TV
>>
1st generation - UK
2st generation - US (Hardcore punk)
Post-punk - UK
Pop Punk - US (if you think US pop punk sucks, you haven't listen to UK pop punk)
Garage Revival (not actually punk, but very punk oriented) - both (US got the most bands, but UK the best albums)
>>
>>74201288
this seems like a joke
>>
UK post punk > US post punk

I find bands like minutemen and pere ubu had this strange feeling of smugness to them, where UK post punk like This Heat and Wire seemed more sincere
>>
>>74201241
American punks were on too many drugs or just plain autistic. I don't know how anybody could like shit like Suicide or Pere Ubu. At least Brits wrote actual songs.
>>
>>74204675
UK's post punk is better, but they are some good US bands like Suburban Lawns
>>
File: 1470344147560.png (50KB, 282x424px) Image search: [Google]
1470344147560.png
50KB, 282x424px
>>74201315
>listens to PiL once
>>
>>74201241
they were both shit
uk post punk is the superior genre
>>
>>74204675
Tuxedomoon is American, so the US automatically wins the post punk category desu.
>>
>>74204706
>PiL
>Not 23 Skidoo
your missing out....
>>
>>74204706
Atleast 50 other bands did that
>>
>>74201241
british

European stronk pagan mastterrace based music
>>
british

americans turned it into tough guy macho bullshit
>>
watch the film the Decline of Western Civlisation
it's about the punk scene in LA. it paints an extremely corny and embarrassing picture. Just a bunch of homophobic insecure straight men who want to be tough.
>>
Americans get everything wrong, naturally their version of punk is a joke.

>>74203309
the stooges aren't punk
>>
>>74201395
come on, i can understand that, but, fresh fruit was an awesome album
>>
>>74202167
sex pistols are the backstreet boys of punk
>>
>>74204645
THIS
>>
For American, I like mid 70s New York punk, and mid 80s DC post-hardcore.

For Britain, I like anarcho-punk and crust punk.

Nowadays it seems like the national distinctions are almost irrelevant, and it can be hard to distinguish Denver bands from Glasgow bands.
>>
>hey! which of these two groups of musically illiterate rockabilly revivalists is better?

gee idk, who the fuck cares
>>
>>74205827
You're dumb.
>>
>>74205843
punk was bogstandard rock music in denial about being bogstandard rock music
>>
>>74201241
US Punk is better (Dead Kennedys, Gorilla Biscuits) but UK post-punk is far and away better (Gang of Four, Public Image, Wire, This Heat)
>>
all I got to say is nothing is more comfy than shooting dope and playing doom while listening to doom
>>74201395
nah thats fat mike say what you will about jello but he isn't a retard
>>
>>74205861
lol you forgot the best one, joy division
>>
UK
>>
>>74205861
Eh. The Clash, Discharge, Crass, Stiff Little Fingers and The Damned make a strong case for UK punk
>>
>>74201241
looking at this comp specifically,

> US
+ The Weirdos, New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, Dead Boys, Ramones
- Black Flag, Johnny Thunders, Suicidal Tendencies

> UK
+ The Damned, Sham 69, The Stranglers, X-Ray Spex, The Undertones
- Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols, Generation X

lol tie
>>
>>74206250
Kys
>>
File: t02200321_0296043210195532903.jpg (25KB, 220x321px) Image search: [Google]
t02200321_0296043210195532903.jpg
25KB, 220x321px
I like:

US: Jawbreaker, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, The Gun Club, Quicksand, Hüsker Dü, Fugazi, Days N Daze, Touché Amoré, 7 Seconds, i hate myself, Funeral Diner, Jawbox, Ampere, Tragedy/His Hero is Gone, pg.99, Judge, Rites of Spring, The Nerve Agents, The Replacements, Dag Nasty, Gorilla Biscuits, On the Might of Princes, Seaweed, Bad Brains, Against Me!, Youth of Today, The Dicks, The Cramps, X, The Gits, Rail Yard Ghosts, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Heroin, Terror, Wipers, Have Heart, Blacklisted, Descendents, Jay Reatard, Flipper, Germs, Zero Boys, Circle Jerks, Dead Boys, Samiam, Squirrel Bait, Madball, Cro-Mags, Hot Water Music

UK: Amebix, Fall of Efrafa, Flux of Pink Indians, Conflict, Stiff Little Fingers, Leatherface, Wire, Rudimentary Peni, X-Ray Spex, Subway Sect, The Skids, The Damned, Axegrinder, The Mekons, Sham 69, Angelic Upstarts, The Ruts, The Undertones, Icon AD, GBH, Crass, Omega Tribe, Anti-Nowhere League, The Clash, UK Subs, Toxic Ephex, The Adicts, Chaos UK, Abrasive Wheels
>>
>>74206351
> waaah somebody doesn't like what I like!
butthurt retard
>>
>>74205804
wew what an in depth opinion, you cliché spouting faggot
>>
The Sex Pistols basically created punk culture

You dont see cunts dressing up like the Ramones that often, do you?
>>
The US did punk rock, hardcore, and post-hardcore better, but the UK was amazing at post-punk/art punk.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1uSSRcn7UE

Oi Polloi are a fucking amazing band
>>
>>74201241
>You dont see cunts dressing up like the Ramones that often, do you?

Wtf you talking about? everyone has a jeans and a shirt and a lot have a black leather jacket
>>
>>74206505
well, more so their shite hair
>>
>>74206357
guys, I made a long list
>>
>>74201241
America does better punk
Britain does better post-punk
>>
File: nazipunksingermanyamongcj9.jpg (173KB, 1075x755px) Image search: [Google]
nazipunksingermanyamongcj9.jpg
173KB, 1075x755px
>>74201241
British
>>
>>74207060
nah
>>
>>74202789
You obviously don't know shit about punk
>>
>>74201241
American scene has hardcore. People wear jeans and t-shirt.

UK has elaborated fashion because their scene lacks any substance and their mohawks and chains are there to distract us about how awful everything they do it.
>>
>>74207250
It isn't 1982 anymore. There are tons of mohawked, studded street punk and crust punk bands in the US now, and there are lots of kids with shaved heads and sports gear in the UK. Because, you know, internet.
Also, I'm just going to assume you don't know anything about the anarcho-punk movement.
>>
>>74207438
Keep your movement and that cringe crap to yourself. The fact that people worshiped the UK shit is embarrassing enough, also after your anarchy and shit, do you come home to mommy for a nice warm supper?
>>
American punk by far. We invented punk and perfected it, Limeys turned it into a fucking drag show, and we took it back in the 80s once they went full pop with it.

That being said some british punk is pretty based

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQCSeFBpQYs
>>
>>74207542
You're literally mentally retarded. The anarcho-punk scene is worth bringing up because of how experimental it was. It was almost a more raw, aggressive version of post-punk.
Please kill yourself.
And no, I dont. I'm in grad school, before that I was in the Peace Corps. I'm sure you do, though
>>
>>74204714
Sadly very few people listen to Tuxedomoon on /mu/
>>
>>74201241
IMO they're both on par overall. There's select subgenres that one does better than the other (America has better hardcore and garage punk, Britain has the better Oi! and d-beat bands etc." but they're tied in my eyes.
>>
>>74207800
>part of anarcho-punk
>calls other mentally retarded
>punk
>being experimental... ever
No, no you kys edgelord. Also keep your group to yourself, you people are seriously the cringe in society.
>>
>>74207993
You're fronting because what you said is blatantly retarded. Shoot yourself.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.