[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stage Banter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>Friend tells me they saw modest mouse in concert years ago
>"Awesome dude! How were they?"
>"Fucking awful."
>"What the fuck? Why?"
>"They never talked to the audience between songs"

Let's settle this once and for all, /mu/. Does stage banter matter at all?
>>
I WANT YOU... TO WANT ME
>>
Fuck no.
If stage banter matters that much, you need to give your mom a call. She obviously didn't pay enough attention to you.
>>
I mean would rather have an overenthusiastic performer or one of those autists who stares at their shoes until the shows over?
>>
>>74195486
Depends on the show and the artist

I saw Sun Kil Moon a few months back and there was a lot of banter, which makes sense given Kozlek's writing style, but a few years ago I saw Neurosis and there was no banter at all because it would distract from the earth-shaking sound they were making

Another example: about 4 years back I saw Black Sabbath and Tool within a week of each other (yea yea I know), at the BS show Ozzy was hyping up the crowd and throwing buckets of water on them and all that stuff, but at the Tool show it was all about the visual spectacle and MJK only spoke to the audience twice during the whole thing
>>
>>74196541
>yea yea i know
? Y so insecure
>>
I got to see Vulfpeck a few months ago and they interacted heavily with the audience. Almost all of it went over pretty well though, they had some of the best showmanship I've had the pleasure of seeing
>>
only shit bands do that so im surprised modest mouse didnt
>>
File: huutin lista.png (179KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
huutin lista.png
179KB, 657x527px
>artist talks to the audience during the song
>>
Modest mouse sucks for a lot more reasons than lack of stage banter.
>>
i like a little banter, like if they genuinely talk about the city or what they had for lunch, i'm all for it
i saw teagan and sara what must have been ten years ago, and their banter was so awful. too many long stories that felt too rehearsed and put on quirky-cute. in that case, i'd rather you just not say anything at all.
>>
>>74195486
it's a nice bonus at best. I just want to see the fucking performance and don't really give a shit about it desu.
>>
>>74195486
i thought isaac talked to the audience a lot
>>
>>74195511
THIS NEXT ONE, IS THE FIRST SONG, ON OUR NEW ALBUM. IT'S CALLED SURRENDER
>>
>>74195486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MehtgiKnY
this is how all live shows should be. no bullshit
>>
>>74197990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jWgRBVkvA
>>
best bants coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.