[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I never played an instrument in my life and I want to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1468973823727.jpg (408KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468973823727.jpg
408KB, 800x800px
So, I never played an instrument in my life and I want to buy a string instrument to start learning by myself first and eventually taking classes. Do you guys recommend a regular guitar or a ukulele? What's better for a beginner who just wants to make music?
>>
>>74194563
definitely guitar
>>
Pick the non-meme instrument.
>>
>>74194563
>beginner who just wants to make music
Calm down, man. Pick up an acoustic guitar, get comfortable with scales and basic music theory and move on to an electric if it feels more appealing.

It'll take some time but you can honestly do without the classes. There are instructors on YouTube that can give you far more in depth lessons on how to play, "in general" or specific songs. The internet is full of wonderful (free!) information, why not use it?
>>
play a real instrument like the piano you fucking weeb
>>
>>74194563
ukuleles are for people who can't play guitars
buy a piano
>>
Buy a sitar, theyre perfect for beginners
>>
>>74194563
ukulele so you can do shit covers on youtube.
>>
>>74194740
>buy a piano
no, buy a weighted key electric piano.
>>
Pick up a keytar and learn how to shred, those guys get mad bitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncY5eo0UiTo
>>
File: q3bpw8sgED-6.png (20KB, 300x250px)
q3bpw8sgED-6.png
20KB, 300x250px
Join the glorious saxaphone playing Master race.

All the black girls you could ever handle
>>
>>74194563
Guitar. Ukulele is just limiting yourself

>>74194720
I play both piano and guitar you nerd
>>
>>74194563
Shamisen
>>
>>74194563
>ukulele
what is this 1645? Get a guitar
>>
>>74194563
You can definitely start out with either, but the Guitar's gonna be a lot more useful to you in the long run. So I'd say that added expense and size isn't a limiting issue (good guitars are becoming cheaper by the day, but they're still , go with guitar.
>>
>>74194563
ukulele is a meme and you'll be able to play it after you learn the guitar
>>
>>74194712
this
>>
>>74194563
Violin.
>>
piano
it's the easiest
and it's why music theory exists
>>
>>74194563
pick ukulele if you want to look like quirky xd teenage girl
guitar or piano is a good starting point
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.